1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash paint?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by McShemp, Feb 2, 2006.

1. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got a small nick on my dash (brown). It's on the rough textured part of the dash between the top of the glove box and the display. I checked with my local Toyota dealers and they don't have a factory paint for it.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. - This part of the dash isn't the same color through-and-through.

2. Howard

Howard New Member

There are companies that will repair the dash. Just go to a car dealers used car lot and ask for the manager. He or she might be able to tell you the name of a company who will do the repair.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

The same paint-like coating is used on the door/window sills, and is easily damaged. Suntan oil can remove it completely. My glove compartment buttons are starting to lose it, too.

Probably for this reason, Toyota changed the materials for '06 to what looks liek the same textured material on the forward part of the dash.

4. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey.
    I got some paint from a local paint store.
    My mother &(*@#$# wife took a metal dog cage to a friends house. She didn't bother to tie it down and it scratched the hell out of the tail gate. I just matched the paint best I could. It looks better than a scratch, but not perfect. I have a black interior. I can find the paint code if someone wants it.

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"Tail gate" on a Prius????

6. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes...I modified mine so it can be more like a pick up truck...

No...at the time I could not think of what to properly call it..and tell you the truth I don't now either. But...the back wall of the hatch. The black plastic there.

:unsure:

7. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Me too, I'm working on a "Country Squire" fake woody version of a Prius.