1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash radio white tint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by priusbeachmax, Jan 23, 2017.

1. priusbeachmax

priusbeachmax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    IMG_5330.JPG
    My dash radio display has a white tint when I start the car and then for the first few minutes. Then it is back to normal Any ideas?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a new one. how long has it been doing it, have you owned it since new? maybe pull the fuse for a minute or two.

3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It could be a moisture problem. Has the car had any history of a windshield replacement that may be cause for a leak. It could also be a bad circuit board in the radio causing low voltage to the screen (bad capacitor)

4. James Analytic

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Following up to see if you found any causation and what your course of action was. Any updates? I took a photo today and decided I'd try to touch bases with anyone else experiencing and what was done.

I've wondered the same and maybe some sort of connection that has some sort of expansion contraction connection issue or part sensitive to moisture content. I just posted my latest image regarding in a few post threads.