1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Rattle... already!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by zencar, Jun 27, 2009.

1. dsamp578

dsamp578 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2010 V black and my wife has a 2010 V blizzard pearl. Ordered the black one new. Developed a bad rattle in the center of the dash after about 6 months. The Blizzard Pearl I purchased certified used with 11,400 on it. No rattles after 3 months. Took the black one into the dealer this week for it's 15K service and complained about the rattle. They fixed it. See below the dealers description of the service performed. I agree, why aren't they paying attention to this at the factory. For such a high tech car they need to pay attention to the small stuff that can turn buyers off.

51WarrantyDoneC/S HEARS "RATTLE" ON ROUGHER ROAD SURFACES - CENTER DASH AREA -R&R OVERHEAD CONSOLE AND ADDED INSULATION TO UPPER CONSOLE BOX ASSY, TEST DROVE VEHICLE, NO OTHER NOISE DETECTED

2. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine has it too, disappointing as my 07 was rock solid. I think Toyota did too much cost cutting with these models. Eventually they're just hurting themselves.

3. Lsegovic

Lsegovic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine has 12K has all the rattles people are describing here!! center console front console speakers , center arm rest, back seat etc...

I'm very disappointed with the materials and construction quality of the car I went to the dealer many times and they told me the car has no rattles, yesterday asked to talk to the technician and he was rude and unprofessional actually I had to leave the dealer because the guy was no help , here in Florida Toyota dealers are brutal.

I love the shape and concept of the car and the idea of saving gas but the final product is way below the current quality standards of vehicle industry.

This is my first Toyota and last, I believe Toyota hasn't learned the lesson yet!

4. airgas1998

airgas1998 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    i have an 2011 w/ a bod of 01/11. and it rattles, flying bridge,rt front passenger side and lft frt dash as well. took about 200 miles to start developing these rattles. the worst rattling car ever....:eek: