1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Rattle and Vibration Noise

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Benjamin Pon, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I remember that part. <laughs>

I was having a problem with it, too. I got the tool wedged in like the image shows, but it wasn't coming off and I was afraid to pull in the wrong direction. I paused for a moment to shift some stuff off my lap(with the tool still wedged in place), and the stupid thing popped off on its own. Surprised the heck out of me.

It does just come off by pulling forward. It's got probably more clips for its size than any other piece in the dash, which is why it's so hard to remove. Just pull the tool down to provide some forward leverage and also try and find an edge at the top where you can help it a bit.

There are a total of eight clips holding the piece in. Six are straight forward, while two are diagonal forward and up. There are also two guiding pegs, and those release straight forward.

I'll try to take a pic tonight(my time) if you still need it.

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info. Part of the problem was not having an ideal tool to get a firm hooked pull - going to pick up a better one before the next go.

It's actually stopped rattling since the failed removal attempt - maybe I managed to exert enough pressure to make it behave for a while?