1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash rattle fix

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sylvaing, Aug 3, 2023.

1. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Had a rattle coming from under the top dash and following this video

I was able to stop it. Took about 30 minutes to do. The top dash panel is very easy to take off. I followed the suggestion from a comment there which is to popup the passenger speaker grill to unplug the FM antenna instead of fiddling below the dash panel. Only difference is I added thick double sided tape to fix that dome in place instead of Gorilla tape as shown here.

There was a piece of duct tape there between the sub panel and the plastic dome. I guess the previous owner tried to fix the rattle too. Might have worked for a while but the tape was now brittle and not holding anything in place.

Now my dash is quiet :) It was noisy on gravel roads, which I take to go to the cottage.

Attached Files:

ColoradoBoo likes this.
  2. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good job! We haven't noticed any rattles in our 2017/2021 Prius' yet, so thankful for that.
    A few months ago, when pulling our camper trailer with my Tundra, we noticed a strange noise coming from the right front but only while going 50 mph or faster. Hard to describe but it was a bap-bap-bap sound. When we got to the campground and got settled, I investigated and noticed a little piece of cover Toyota has up in the wheel well was lose and flapping. Years ago, the left side flap got torn and was lose, so I just removed it...couldn't find any replacements on the Toyota website. Strange Toyota would put something like that there and only held on by two plastic clips.