1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Rattle - Will dealer fix?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Glipzcom, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Glipzcom

Glipzcom New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So far we love the car. We bought it at the end of February and have put 8k on it allready. But in the last week we got a pretty annoying dash rattle. I already tried removing everything loose from the glovebox and surrounding areas, but no luck. I was wondering how likely is the dealership to do anything about it? Is there any chance its covered under the Toyota Care thing rhey give you with these cars?

Thanks, trying to plot my plea to them.!

Glen

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It may be possible. There is now a TSB for a drivers side rattle/hum in Gen 4 Prius caused bu the ducts for climate control
    TSB number T-SB-0193-17.
    I do not know if that will help you since the Prime is likely different and your rattle is passenger side.

3. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If they can hear it themselves in a drive, I have found most dealers are willing to try to correct a rattle in a newer vehicle. Also you are under the bumper to bumper warranty period so nothing in the workmanship should be wrong at this point and should be repaired. A rattle in a new vehicle is not a wear and tear type thing.

That said, I have sold cars in the past because they rattled and I couldn't get it to go away and didn't want to spend a lot of money getting it fixed. Of course in a 10 year old vehicle rattles tend to not be the only reason to trade out, just the last straw that broke my already weak will power to avoid getting new tech :D.

Prius from Dad and Prodigyplace like this.
  4. sonomac

sonomac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The dealer found a rattle in the sirius xm radio antenna. Took apart the dash and fixed it right up. In at 10 out at 3:00

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.