1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard Display Stuck

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ElizabethH, Aug 17, 2022.

1. ElizabethH

ElizabethH New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All. My dashboard display is stuck on the oil maintenance screen. The oil was changed less than a month ago. The buttons on the steering wheel are not working. I can't reset the trip, scroll through the screens, or find the mileage. How do I fix this?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If lots of buttons aren't behaving normally you might have to disconnect the 12volt battery for a few minutes to reset everything/reboot. Any other symptoms? Warning lights?

3. ElizabethH

ElizabethH New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The trip and display buttons are the only buttons that I ever use, so I'm not sure if the other ones work or not. I was driving through a lot of canyons yesterday and noticed that sometimes when I went around a curve the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark would turn on while I was going through the curve. Not every time, though. The tightness of the curve or the speed I was going didn't seem to matter. I'll try unhooking the 12V and hooking it back up. I'll let you know how it goes.

4. ElizabethH

ElizabethH New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I unhooked the 12v battery and afterward, the clock was reset to 1am, the radio reset to 88.1, and the odometer came up instead of trip A. It did need 3 1/2 quarts of oil but the oil reminder couldn't be reset. All the buttons on the steering wheel work except for the trip and display ones. If it weren't for the inability to reset the oil reminder, I'd say those buttons were not functioning. Any further ideas?

5. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have you successfully reset the reminder in the past (which requires using the mile/km button, not buttons on the steering wheel)?