1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard light aren't on after replacing with new 12v auxiliary battery?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mudlight, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mudlight

Mudlight New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have 2008 Prius with 102k Miles. About 3 weeks ago i had to replace the trunk battery. I followed all the guide found online and everything went smoothly. The next morning, all the lights in dashboard area went out...completely dark. I drove to work and back home and they hadn't turn back on.
    I googled it and found out that I have to unplug/plug the white cable underneath the red cap so the the light can be turn back on. It worked but the next morning for work and the whole dashboard lights were out again.
    The dealer quoted me over the phone for 150$ just for the diagnostic test and who know how much they will charge for anything else.
    I had been over 2 weeks since, with luck the light will turn on for a day or two and then i have to unplug/plug in the cable again.
    I really appreciate all the help i can get. I called around local shop and couldn't find anything mechanics know about Prius.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y)!

Did you make sure all connections are tight? Check any fuses for continuity?

What part of the great state of California are you located? Knowing your location can help us make a recommendation on shops;).

Keep us posted(y).

3. Mudlight

Mudlight New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in SoCal, around the Westminster area.
    All connections seem to be tight enough, and i am not too sure on how to check for fuses discontinuity.
    There aren't any abnormal warning lights and i also brought the new battery back to the store and had them check.
    The light goes off every 2, 3 days, especially early in the morning around 6 AM.

4. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You might want to check this site for "Combination Display Failure". There are some threads about it, and your Prius might just be in the 9 year warranty-window. Good luck, and welcome to PriusChat! ;)

RCO likes this.