1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard lights lighting up, beep

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JMR1111, Apr 5, 2021.

1. JMR1111

JMR1111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Several months ago I started having sporadic problems with my 2008 Prius (only 80k miles) where many of the dashboard lights (Brake, Exclamation Point, and numerous others) were coming on along with a really annoying beep, usually just after I started the car up but sometimes after I'd driven a few miles. If I stopped the car and restarted sometimes it would fix the issue, but sometimes it took three or four restarts before it would resolve itself. Several times the car would not start at all. Jumping it would restart it but I'm not sure if this was just a matter of time or if it was the jump that worked. I ended up taking it to the dealership and they replaced the small battery ($500+ !). Everything was fine until a week ago, but now the lights and beep are coming on again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? I'd rather go to the dealership (over an hour away from me, and very expensive) with some knowledge of what is happening!

Thank you!