1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard Touch Screen Not Working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Casper, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Casper

Casper New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'm brand new here. i am waiting for the dealership to phone me back but has anyone figured out what is causing my screen to not work? it's doesn't change when i touch it. first the left side stopped, now none of it works. this is a problem if i want to change the force of the air. everything else i think i can control from the wheel. Any ideas? i do NOT want to go back to the dealer, it is such an inconvenience.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Casper

Casper New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oh whoa. that is way too technical for me. i am at least glad that it broke while my air was set to high. i'm annoyed at toyota right now, this happened right after the darned mat recall.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The bottom line is that a loose solder connection is the root cause of the MFD failure. Assuming your 3 year/36K mile warranty has expired, and you must pay the dealer for replacement, you may be charged well into four-digits for a new unit, and the high three-digits if the parts dept can obtain a reman unit.

5. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Well, if you are going up to San Fransisco, go to Lucious Garage, I'm sure they can fix it for less then the dealer. There is probably a shop in the LA area that can do this as well. Anyone know of one?

6. verdi1944

verdi1944 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I have a NEW 2015 Prius V. We had it at the dealer today because the touch screen stopped working with only 100 miles on the car! The service adviser said they needed to replace the WHOLE UNIT (radio, navigation system, etc.) She told me they are having many problems with these units, and they are on back order, and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get a new unit from Toyota, I hope your car is still under warranty as these things are VERY pricey. I hope Toyota clears up this problem as this really sours us on the new car experience and I'd like to continue on with Toyota.

7. JODIRL

JODIRL New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mine just stopped working and the dealer tells me it is going to cost about $2,500 to replace it. This is ridiculous, almost extortion. Can't get my CD's out, can't open the unit, can't adjust the radio stations. Does this mean a years fuel savings are gone to naught?