1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dashboard with speedometer not displaying when lights are on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wfz, Nov 9, 2020.

1. wfz

wfz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With the pandemic, I didn't drive the car often and roughly driving on 1 to 2 times a week for the groceries. I noticed that the left panel with speedometer, gas, gear info was totally off when I had the headlights etc. on (manual or auto) last night. This did not affect the right panel with consumption, temperature control. That panel was on all the time. To see the panel display, I had to turn off the lights. To drive that way would be very dangerous at night, so I drove without the speedometer for the short trip I was on. Then when I drove the car this morning, the panel displayed the info normally no matter I had the lights on or not.
    Since it happened once, I am afraid it would happen again. Do you know what has caused this and if there is a simple fix without going to a shop? My car is a generation 2 Prius.

Thanks,

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you try to adjust your dimmer dial on the left?

TMR-JWAP likes this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Definitely the dimmer dial...……..or that circuit

Look directly above your left knee when sitting in the driver seat. It will be in that general area.