1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Data showing up on Prius II radio

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SkudShark, Feb 14, 2013.

1. SkudShark

SkudShark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey gang,

So I switched from an Iphone 4S to a Galaxy Note II and noticed, when streaming bluetooth audio via pandora or media, to the radio, that it no longer shows my song names/artist/etc. I would think by Bluetooth, it would be universal, however it doesn't appear that way or am I missing a setting somewhere? Plugging the Android phone into the USB results in no playback, apparently Toyota doesn't favor anyone but Apple :(
    This is for a 2012 Prius II with the basic radio.

So anyone know if Im missing a setting or a work around to get the song data back on the screen?

2. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow. Even on a 2012???

When I got mine in 2009 I figured it was sign of the times where everyone still only mentioned iPhones when saying there was an app for your cell phone, but really, now that Android has the greater share of the cell phone market worldwide it's time to update the software. Works for my ipod via usb but not for my Android SMARTphone.

With my iPod attached to the usb port, and I suspect with your iPhone, it interfaces with the car and shows all the music on the car screen. But as with your Note, my HTC Rezound does not do anything via usb. It's extremely annoying. I would think they would have addressed this by now.

I expect to be putting a Samsung Galaxy Tab in my dash but really, I was forced into buying their stereo with navi for a pretty penny in order to get the sunroof, they could at least have it working properly for all devices.

Not to mention have it allow you to scroll through songs while listening without it changing to the song that ends up at the top of the page while scrolling. :mad:

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I can't speak to this firsthand but it sounds like the Galaxy Note II or the player/streaming apps you're using on Android don't support AVRCP 1.3 or greater (see Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).