1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Date wrong in fuel economy monitoring

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Celliott1778, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Celliott1778

Celliott1778 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I bought a 2021 Prime last weekend and funny thing is it tells me my future fuel consomption! It lists today’s data as tomorrow. That is right now, today is actually April 14, but if I look in my monitoring it shows April 15.
    I have the time and date set, or so I thought, but maybe it requires setting somewhere else? Thank you for any input.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure you set the AM and PM correctly on the time setting. It happened to mine out of the dealer's lot. The time and date looked fine on the display, but AM and PM were set wrong. In effect, the clock and calender was 12 hours ahead.

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It might be that the clock is off by 12 hours. So when it says 3:00 at 3PM, it might actually be set to 3AM tomorrow. That's the most likely thing I can think of.

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @Salamander_King and Jerry, the typing twins. :ROFLMAO: Both our posts say "5 minutes ago.":D

Salamander_King likes this.
  5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    jerrymildred likes this.
  6. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Isn't tomorrow in the future? (I don't have a Prime so don't have this display)

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ... just in case Salamander's and Jerry's hint doesn't lead to a solution ...

Is that clock/date you see, part of the car's internals, or is it part of the Audio/Nav system? In past model years, we've seen differences because the two were not linked, so that updating one did not update the other. They had to be updated separately.

The presence of two separate clocks was driven by the fact that base models didn't have a feature-rich audio-nav system, just the internal car clock and a bare-bones radio. Higher trims had various fancier infotainment systems containing their own clocks (or even self-adjusting GPS), but with no method to synchronize with the base car clock.

It would be nice if the engineers linked them on the newer model designs, but I don't know if that happened. And if it didn't, then your fuel economy monitor might be using the other clock from what you are watching. Especially if the clock you see is part of the infotainment system.

jerrymildred likes this.
  8. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The clock on the dash is indeed different from the one in the 11.6" display. The one in the big display is just for navigation, iirc and you don't see it except as it gives ETA and stuff like that. What I find totally screwy is that you can program the charging schedule either via the big touch screen or via the steering wheel buttons and the MID up on the dash. According to the manual, if the scheduled charge doesn't happen when you think it should happen, one possible cause is that the vehicle clock is wrong and it tells you you set the clock up on the dash, not the clock in the touch screen. But the nav system is in the touch screen!!!
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.48.16 AM.png

So, the schedule you program on the big touch screen uses the vehicle clock on the dash, but the nav clock, which is also in the big touch screen cannot sync to the vehicle clock. To me, that's a sloppy oversight that they are too lazy to fix.

#8 jerrymildred, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    fuzzy1 likes this.