1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Day 3 and hitting over 62MPG. I love this car!

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by littlebigland, Jul 25, 2012.

1. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My last two trips I hit over 62MPG! My last trip in particular I managed to hit 62.9! I'm having so much fun with this car; I can't wait to see if I can get it even higher.

It's like a game to me...anyone else see it this way? ;)

2. onlineid615

onlineid615 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I often describe it as a game! I am unfortunately not as good as you at the "game". My commute is mostly highway so I hover around 52. This is the most fun I've ever had driving! :)

littlebigland likes this.
  3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I also see it as a game........I just need to learn how to play better. My avg mpg is 54

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is the part most car reviewers don't understand. They say the car is boring to drive because it doesn't have 500HP but they fail to recognize the attributes that so many of enjoy about it. :)

5. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think I'm "cheating" a little :p most of my driving so far has been from Long Island to Brooklyn. Lots of traffic and slow-moving.

I think Brooklyn heights driving means I get to use my battery a lot :X3: but seriously I am LOOKING for excuses to drive now. I love it!

Also the size is great. I found a small parking spot I would not have fit into with my old car.

When I looked up the Prius c before settling on it, I noticed the same—a lot of reviewers said it was boring to drive. However like you said it can be enjoyable. I found that many USERS enjoyed it so I figured all of them couldn't be wrong.

6. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It is fun to play with, since I got it Friday. This afternoon I did an 18 mile trip around town and out in the hills of the county. Got 59.9. Of course, the real smile will be getting 50 mpg on a long trip. I could average 30-32 on our Vibe gt but 50 is going to be something. My daily driver is a souped up 66 vdub baja. Now that is a fun car to drive around town.
    Dan

7. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    WoW, Good For you.
    I have an 07 - you would think I would have out grown the game by now BUT No It's still GAME ON!

8. frugaldriver

frugaldriver Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse - Cato

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree, many people judge cars by the amount of HP that it has and throw efficiency to the wind. If you think about it, a car with say 130 HP can reach the same highway speeds as a car with 500 HP and once at that speed does it more efficiently. Same as in the city, that 130 HP car can reach the same 25, 35, 45 mph as the 500 HP car and yet does it more efficiently. The only difference, and it is marginal, is the time it takes to get to said speeds (however if you drive smart, even that is done away with). I laugh when most new cars have 180+ HP when <130 will do the same thing using less gas.

9. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This morning commute;)

Attached Files:

10. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Additionally, Prius driver's can make the claim that they own a high performance car. One that excels in a specific type of performance category. It's the same claim that can be made by Miata, Corvette, Mercedes, WRX and Land Rover owners. Each vehicle is in the top of their class and so is the Prius. So that means that 90% of the other drivers out there can only claim mediocrity. :)

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Post the return trip please! :)