1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Day Light LED newly added !

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by powerjo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks not bad ! :D
    auto dims when switches the headlights on, I like this function.

Attached Files:

2. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like it. Did you do the electrical yourself?How did you disable the DRL? Hal

3. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can you supply information on brand of lights and wiring instructions? Looks great, would like to do the same.

4. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    not bad but not oem.......for guys with oem fog's this isn't doable....I personally would like to incorporate some LED DRL strips into my OEM HID headlights...

5. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi craigk,

That is the Philips LED DayLight 8. Chose that because it is semi-assembled (you'll need less work for the installation). It always on once you start your engine and will dim while switched on the headlights !

FYI:
    Philips DayLight

There is the installation guide in PDF and video reference to guide you how to install it. Not difficult, but you may need some proper tools to do that.

I don't have such tools, so I took my car to my friend's garage and installed them by myself. Please refer to the attached photos for details.:)

I just don't mention details about the cabling of the LED as Philips' installation manual had been listed very clearly. I just show how is the process to install it on my own Prius 2007.

Picture 1:
    As my Prius has no fog lamp, I decided to place the LED there. There is a "wall" in front of the original fog lamp position. So, I need to cut a roll of the "wall", otherwise the depth is not enough for placing the Philips DayLight 8 in. Surprised that there are the stands for the fog lamp behind the panel!

Picture 2 & 3:
    The height and length are just fitted for the LED. Made a test to light up the LED.

Picture 4:
    Started the engine, the LED lights up in full power.

Picture 5:
    Switched on the headlight, the LED dimmed.

Attached Files:

6. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the link! Did you wire all the way back to the battery like the video shows or to the panel under the hood?

7. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For our Prius 2007, it should be placed in the top right corner, open the cover and connects the + and - to it and the orange one connects with the headlight. :D The control box will dim your LED while the headlights are on. (I didn't take photo for that, I will upload one for you later)

The most trouble part is to fix the LED. Beware the stands of the original fog lights will be cut! I cut part of the stand as shown in the picture because I didn't know they were there before.(although they are not important ^^)
    I used 3M double side stickers other than using the Philips blankets since the room is just fitted for the LED.