1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DC to DC charger.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TomsVortex, Jun 3, 2022.

1. TomsVortex

TomsVortex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I started out wanting to replace the traction battery with lifepo4 like on a youtube video I saw by Lil Asian Grocery LLC. Can't post link. I stopped by battery hookup in PA on a work trip. was going to get 140 32650 cells but the guy there also named Tom talked me into using 70 Headway cells. So he sold me 2 of the "Super Beast" modules for a deal(48cells each). But then I got into thinking of using all the cells and not getting rid of the traction battery and having 26 headway cells left over. I looked into the enginer mod setup. My question is where can i source a DC to DC converter. I think it is 48v to 240v. What are the exact specs for the one the engineer mod used?

I have 340k miles i bought it at 247k for $3200
    Traction battery was redone in April of 2017.
    Getting 40-45mpg.
    it is burning oil on long drives.
    I got a spare engine already at pick n pull for $188

I have another problem
    My car alarm kept going off randomly.
    Replaced 12v battery.
    Still was going off. Disconnected horns...
    Replaced key fob shell. didn't get RFID chip out.
    Car still works with smart key.
    I bought a new key
    I bought a VXDIag Nano
    Got Techstream going.
    Can't add the new key.
    Try to reset but need pass for seed reset and people want me buy tokens...

I could have gotten to where I wanted maybe by just buying a plugin prius but liability only Insurance with no car payment and cheap personal property tax is nice. So I decided to fixup what I have.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Curious if you know of other places to purchase 'tokens' ?

This is one source : https://weboctopus.nl/lexus-scion-toyota-pass-code-by-seed-code-calculator.php

If you do the lithium conversion (or add-on), please take and post pictures of the process.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

3. TomsVortex

TomsVortex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a Russian guy that goes by a username Autokent with a youtube of his own app to generate passcodes. Once messaging him though it seems he is directing to his own website going with his own scheme of buying tokens to use for techstream keys or the seed passcode generator. I will continue to look for a way to generate codes rather than buy tokens. I saw a post just now somewhere someone said to use an older version or techstream v10. I might try that and see if that seed passcode is required. its just finding it to download and work like I did with V15.

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't bother, It has nothing to do with the TS version. It's the immobilizer that requires the seed code.

5. TomsVortex

TomsVortex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I tried today and still required the pass code. If anyone that has access to seed codes without charging me tokens can contact me would be appreciated. I'm still running with just the smart key part just working.
    Still looking for information on the DC to DC charger..

6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As far as I know, there is no 'Chicken Dance' for an 'all keys lost' situation.

8. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Russian guy offering to sell you the seed? No refund possibility if it doesn’t work? What could possibly go wrong?

9. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Autokent is at Mhhauto.com, join by donation $20, generate a key with your version of Techstream that you download from Mhh, post it at mhhauto and receive the activation string, your Techstream is activated for 10 or so years, no tokens required, tokens are for reseeding immobilizer. Membership allows you to generate activation strings for any future versions of TS that you acquire or download from Mhh.

#9 alftoy, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Yosarian likes this.
  10. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Let me check if i have one laying around...

on the dc to dc... get a phev and call it a day. the additional ecu opens up the possibilities for you. like me, 50kWh battery, powering a rear electric motor with ~260hp and the japan spec chademo parts.

11. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    well... I stand corrected... I am going to sign an NDA in the next few days... I might be able to help you with your goals...