1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dead 12V - can it be resurrected for a couple of days?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bruceha_2000, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks Andy, but I'll leave that to YOU! :) I kind of like having my car start. The wife was a bit concerned when we 'left' in our separate cars the morning I found the dead 12V but I never showed up at the rink. She wasn't aware my car didn't start, figured I was in an accident somewhere (though at 5:30 AM around here, there isn't much to hit) until she was able to check her phone mail 2 hours after I SHOULD have been there.

I might have been a bit more receptive to your scientific suggestion if:

1. We weren't starting into 5 months of freeze your bunz off cold and
    2. I didn't have a 400 mile round trip once a week. Nothing like being stuck 200 miles from home on a dark and very cold night!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the update. I agree that the old battery needed to be replaced given the voltage of 12.2 that you measured. When dealing with arctic survival weather conditions, you don't need to contend with an unreliable car. Glad that the new one went in successfully.