1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dead Battery No lights nothing all back on dash

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenTerrorPrius, Aug 17, 2022.

1. GreenTerrorPrius

GreenTerrorPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you have a dead battery should at least the dash lights come on? The key FOB will open the door but when I get in the car, it is all black on dash, nothing at all is lit up. Just begining to troubleshoot as I know Prius can be a bit differnt. I guess I will try to jump start the car.

Also title should say "black on dash" not "back on dash" but i could not figure out how to edit title (this is my secondary problem at this point!)

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If the battery's all dead, there won't be any dash lights (what would light them?), but in that case, the key fob won't open the door either.

So it sounds like your battery might not be all dead, just mostly dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. That could be checked with a multimeter; if it needs to be charged, a good charge might change your situation. If not, there's just some other issue to be tracked down.