1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately this is not the fuse. Its below and to the right.

2. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Afraid this is only the plug in integration relay.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So it's not accessible with that thing removed? I realized the fuse is underneath and to the right...

moto g(7) power ?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mendel's excerpt shows only how to remove the integration relay, and the video only shows opening the cover for disconnecting the DC/DC converter cable.

Nothing anywhere near getting access to the fuse, which is on the forward face of "Unit A", which only comes out downward from the top layer of the fuse box, which has to be released at numerous points.

There are clearly people who have done this job, but it doesn't seem to be easy to find a video of doing it.

This video that rjparker found comes nearer the mark, but only near enough to end with "So, any advices? Definitely appreciate it. Thanks guys."

This photo, also posted or found by rjparker, gives a better look at the five clips on "Unit A" that release it to escape downward. But still, the hard part is giving it space "downward" to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hopefully the London Op figures it out and reports back. It does seem the fuse box has to be released from bolts and pegs securing it so the bottom can be removed or it has to be partially opened as in this pic. The top section is about 3" high so the fuse is down about that much.

3A88C5D3-D259-4A78-BF34-BB3D86FDD651.jpeg

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah, I was kinda hoping that’d get lost in the noise. :oops:

I've looked through the whole (most likely) section, and there doesn’t seem to be a “this is how to remove the whole fuse box” instruction. May be somewhere else.

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It also can happen that the repair manual on TIS gets updates that aren't in the older PDFs floating around on the web. For example, there are whole sections in there about diagnosing and replacing component parts of the inverter, that you would never think were in the manual if you're only reading an old downloaded PDF.

One more reason to every now and then feed TIS another twenty and see what's changed.

8. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Update on 125 amp fuse replacement from pm conversation today. He replaced the fuse but now needs information on rattling.

rjparker
    Did you get that fuse changed? It seems the right way to access it is to totally release the fuse box and then remove the bottom cover. Or pry it open as is.

Jerry Harris (OP)
    Yes, I removed the ECU next to the fuse box to get some space. I then managed to release the fuse box from the inner fender & released the bottom cover. Then followed your instructions in picture to pull the middle part of the fuse box downwards. Then I managed to access the fuse.

Changed the fuse & engine started. But it struggles to keep running as I can hear if something is rattling inside gearbox. Is the inverter inside gearbox or the big lump in the engine bay? There must be some kind of power generator inside gearbox which is finding hard to operate as normal.

rjparker
    The inverter is the big silver box near the fuse box. Most likely the rattling is a continuous misfire. There is a damper inside the transaxle that makes the noise but is not a failure by itself. Check your coils and plugs.

9. Chabelo

Chabelo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Would it be possible to just bypass the the fusible link? Pull the hot wire going to the battery, and install a fusible link on top of the fuse box to where the other lead is bolted down?

10. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    As I mentioned in your other post, it has been done at the fuse box. But most people don't do it properly and it fails shortly after.

By the way, its bad practice to post about the same problem in different threads. I would stay with yesterday's post you originated. Multiple issues from different people in the same place confuses the everyone.