1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dead Radio - 2005 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by xjahx, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xjahx

xjahx New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I am a longer time reader, but this is my first need for assistance. I have a 2005 Prius with 76,000 miles. I am the 2nd owner, having placed just 6,000 miles on her over the past 2 years (rely on my bicycles). Here is the first problem that I have had:

After a 15 day period of not using the Prius, I started her up last evening and the radio would not function. This is the single CD, lowest end radio. All of the radio buttons fail to produce a response. In addition, the buttons on the steering wheel related to the radio yield no response. There are also no beeps when changing screens on the display, and the audio reports "Audio Off." I quick inspection revealed that each of the pertinent fuses were fine.

I should add that prior to parking the Prius, the dealer completed the 75,000 mile maintenance and oil change. Because they returned the car to my driveway, I am not certain if the radio was functioning post maintenance.

I attempted to find older posts similar to this issue, but I have not had too much luck (outside of a 2007 Prius with a tape stuck in the player).

Thanks for your assistance...

2. xjahx

xjahx New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks. I realized that the other sub forum may be a better location.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Then I'm going to close this thread and direct everyone to the link provided above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.