1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer agreements - If C4C doesn't work

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by werewolf34, Aug 18, 2009.

1. werewolf34

werewolf34 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So a number of dealers I've contacted have asked for me to sign a document stating that I will return the Prius bought in a cash for clunkers deal if the dealer is denied payment through the program.
    The supply of Prius is limited so I cannot find a car at a dealer not 'requiring' this document.

I know this is illegal but I would like people to weigh in with legal opinions / options at this point. Is this document really enforceable?

The state is North Carolina

Thanks!

2. reverai

reverai New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect this is coming from Toyota as I know as least 2 people who's clunkers for one reason or another failed to fill what the feds needed in some way but the dealership wasn't able to do anything about it after three weeks. That is a quite a bit of money to lose on a car these days for a dealership so I can't blame them for trying to protect themselves from losing $4500.

Steve

3. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You can sign an agreement to pay back $4500 instead of returning the Prius. I believe some other dealers are doing this.