1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer behavior after getting car

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by byrdsfly, Apr 27, 2018.

1. byrdsfly

byrdsfly New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just recently got a 2015 Prius through a dealer. I signed all the paperwork, had financing approval through my bank, and took my car home.

That was two weeks ago. My bank states the dealership has not even started the loan process on my car (which the bank claims takes 5 minutes). I’ve called and emailed to no avail. No one responds to either calls or emails. I feel like the receptionist deliberately transfers you to someone who isn’t available so you never talk to an actual person.

I’m going back to the dealer tomorrow to get my finance straightened out. But it’s just weird behavior. Toyota isn’t going to get $ for the car/loan until they do the process with my bank. Are they just okay with me having a free car? We’re they trying to mess up my financing so my car would go into repo? I’m not an idiot and had clearly done all my research before coming in to the dealer, so I’m just baffled by this behavior.

I don’t even want to think about how bad the DMV stuff is going to be with them.

ETA: I love my car. I just hope I get to keep it.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Do you have the title?

3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your situation sounds totally weird. When I bought mine, I did it with a car finder (a person who finds your car for you). First I went to my credit union to find out how much I could affort. They gave me a dollar amount and told me to contact them once I had a total price.

Once I found the type of car I wanted, the car finder told me the total price, tax, license, etc. I then contacted my credit union, they electronically sent the funds to the dealer who had the car that the car finder found for me, the car was delivered to my house and then I drove the car to my credit union to finalize the paper work.

I quit going through a dealer to buy a car about 15 years ago. I never felt like I got what I wanted and I felt like I was sold what they thought I should get.

Never had your situation come up. I sincerely hope its all just a simple mistake.

BLITZ XW50 and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Good to see you back;).

Been awhile:(.

Montgomery likes this.
  5. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Been awhile since I have been in here. Been doing a lot of fun house projects. Getting ready to paint my wood trim around my house. Monies been going to the home instead of the car. But, I have been getting the itch to get a fun small "toy" car to play with.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  6. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I’m with ya on house spend ;).

Here’s our latest addition:

5C3649F0-9504-48BC-86D6-233C49325DCF.jpeg

Now just waiting on PG&E to bless it and reduce our electric bill to $10 a month:).

What “vehicle” you looking at:whistle:?

m.wynn, bisco and SFO like this.
  7. byrdsfly

byrdsfly New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for making me feel like I’m not totally crazy. I guess my mistake was not already having a check from my bank when I walked into the dealer, but that’s not how my bank works apparently. The dealer has to do something online (which I have instructions for and which takes about five minutes) and then the print out the contract and fax/mail it to my bank.

I went to talk to someone today at the dealer and when I told him when I got the car, he was like, “that’s very unusual.” So I think someone just messed up. He said he would fix it on Monday as he doesn’t have access to my contract, etc. since he was not my original finance person. I thought that sounded a bit like BS since they have everyone’s info in their system but I think he knew I thought that, so if this guy doesn’t fix things on Monday, I’m going to contact the finance director. Thanks again for the reassurances that this is weird.

Smaug1 likes this.