1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer customizable electronic settings - where's the list?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by fruzzetti, Jul 11, 2013.

1. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dear friends,

I know it's been about five years since I last posted progress on my Prius, and I've been very happy with the car as a platform for hacking ever since I bought it. Now that I have two kids, I haven't had any real time to tinker with it.

However, now I'm in trouble as I'm looking for all the dealer-customizable electronic settings - the ones where you take the car in and they can plug into it and make settings changes - there was a list somewhere online, but I can't find it (probably because I can't think of the correct name for these settings).

Does anyone offhand have the list of these settings? I would very much appreciate it. I seem to remember it as about a two or three page document listing the options and defaults. There are several electronic settings I want to change now that the car has been down the road and back, and the local dealer has offered to do it for free -- as long as I can bring in the list of what they need.

Thanks much,

~ dan ~

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Not sure of where the list is... but i know this one..

To eliminate the beeps from seatbelts and reverse, follow these steps:

1. Power on the car to IG-ON or READY. IG-ON will do for this purpose.
    2. Using the Trip/ODO button, set the Trip/ODO display to ODO (not Trip A or Trip B )
    3. Power off the car.
    4. Now power the car to READY (brake on). This is required so that step 6 works correctly.
    5. Within 6 seconds of powering on, press and hold the Trip/ODO button for 10 seconds or more (there is no indication... just count)
    6. WHILE STILL HOLDING ODO *after* the 10 seconds, shift the "gear" selector to R, then press the P button. Now release the Trip/ODO button.
    7. If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed (front dash area). "b on" is beep on (default), and "b off" is beep off.
    8. Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode.
    9. Now power the car off to exit the toggle mode.
    10. Power the car on to READY and confirm the reverse beep status by shifting to R. The beep should not be audible if "b off" was selected, and should be audible if "b on" was selected..

Note: The Repair manual page states that if the the 12v battery is disconnected, the beep will reset to the default of on, and this procedure will need to be performed again - I have confirmed this to be true!. The repair manual also is not clear that Trip/ODO should remain depressed while shifting.

Additional Note: The driver and passenger seatbelt reminder chime can be disabled or enabled (respectively, defaults are driver on and passenger off) using similar steps. Instead of shifting from P to R to P in step 6, simply buckle then unbuckle the appropriate seatbelt while continuing to depress the Trip/ODO button. Might want a helper for this one!

3. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks very much; however I'm looking for the 30 or so settings that can't be done from within the vehicle -- usually the dealers won't even inform the consumers that these settings exist, I suppose because they're legally required to change any that you ask them to change with new vehicle purchase, and it costs them time to do it. I found a list for the 2010, but it is a little different than my 2006. I used to have a printed copy with all the changes I wanted highlighted. Of course, two kids later that's long gone!

4. Mistah Ya

Mistah Ya Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Let me know if you manage to find it, and yes share with us! This sounds so interesting

5. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  6. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four