1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Markups: I Don't Think So

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusPeep, Dec 15, 2022.

1. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sobi am cross shopping a few vehicles, and on some forums they make a list of dealers based on member reports. They indicate what the dealer asked for. In one case, someone compiled it into a Google doc. which was searchable and sortable by state.

Ofcourse different people had different experiences at the same dealership, but I think it is still helpful.

My experience, Greenville nc toyota wanted 2500 over msrp, 700 documentation fee and and about 1500 worth of add ons which range from overpriced but possiblly useful to absolutely garage ,($75 phone cables).

2. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't seen our local Toyota's trying to do any crazy markups here. Last year, when I purchased my 2021 AWD Prius, I did have to pre-pay $1,000 before it came in but they reduced the MSRP by the same amount. (It was the first time I'd EVER paid MSRP for a new car...didn't feel right, I usually get them for $300 over invoice or even cheaper!)

fsu23phd likes this.
  3. rschlegel

rschlegel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone finds an honest toyota dealer who is willing to sell a 2023 Prius at MSRP, please post their name and contact info. I am willing to fly 1,000 miles to buy my Prime at MSRP and drive it home, and I suspect many others would too. Perhaps we need a dedicated message category for this.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    at an average of 200 per state, over the whole production year, getting one without being on a reservation list may be unlikely, or very lucky