1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer options and the bottom line on 2013 v

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Kensterfly, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have three print outs from three different Vees that my sales guy gave me today. It is a printout from the Toyota network where he did a search for the car we are seeking.

We were looking for a V5 but I had him do a search for a well optioned V3 and he came up with one in our color choice but it had leather seats! That made the base price of $28,290 go up to $31,292 when all the other dealer added options are included:

PC - $395 for Blizzard Pearl, the only paint for which a premium is charged!
    L1 - Leather heated seats: Dealer cost $1199. Sticker price $1499
    DT- 3M window tint: $219 cost. $399 sticker. Pretty outrageous, isn't it? Would that include all
    doors and windows except for the windshield?
    SM- Body side molding
    CF - Premium carpet mats set ($140 cost/$225 sticker)
    FL - Fog Lights

My cost $32,294 drive out.

For a V5 with our Blizzard Pearl/Bisque preferred combo: $33,300 sticker includes $2130 in options.

DT- Window tint
    PB - rear bumper protector (about $39.)
    MF - Mud guards
    SM- Body side molding (color keyed)
    S6- Premium Security (I think he said about $400)
    P2 - Vehicle Shield package: Paint sealant, sealant cleaner, fabric guard (Cost unknown)

Drive out on this car is $34,277.

We then broadened our search a bit to our back up color: silver metallic with misty gray softex.
    This one only had $977 in options bringing the sticker to $32147

DT- Tinted windows
    CN- Cargo net
    MF - mud guards
    SM- Body side molding
    CF- Premium carpet mat set

This one has about all the options I care about. We can add the bumper guard easily enough.

We would consider a v3 with Softex but he said that is special ordered from the factory while leather is a dealer option added at the port facility in Houston.

The last option is to wait a few weeks and get a 2014 exactly the way we want it. He said it probably wouldn't cost more than 'a few hundred' more than a similarly equipped '13.

They offered exactly the same as Kelly Blue Book showed for the trade on her 04 Lexus, not as much as I would like, of course. I think I can get a little more off their asking price but I don't know how much. We were really hoping to trade for $20k difference but we're going to be around $4,000 off.

Any thoughts or comments?