1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer pickup/delivery checklist for PRIME?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by WhitePrime, Feb 20, 2017.

1. WhitePrime

WhitePrime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Tomorrow is the big day. I found a few forum chats and references to delivery/pickup checklists (that outline what we should make the dealer show us before we drive away with our new car) however, I didn't see one specific to Prime so was wondering which, if any, of these checklists are applicable and/or if there was something specific that might need to be added for the Prime owners that is different than the other Prius models? Its the Premium, if that matters. Thanks!

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you but @Bob Wilson has a Prime and may help out. I've pinged him for you so he could shoot your ready before too long.

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know people in these parts don't like CR, but this might help:
    Picking Up the Car | New Car Buying Guide - Consumer Reports
    ...or....
    What to check in a new car before you drive it out of the showroom - The Economic Times

Most of it is common sense, but there are a startling number of people who drive cars off of dealer lots that did NOT go through a complete PDI (pre-delivery inspection.)

The thing is?
    Once you sign on the line, the car instantly becomes a used car, and the burden of proof for determining whether any transit damage occurred before or after you put ink on paper is on YOU.

Take your time.
    Inspect every inch of the car inside and out....

Since this is a Prime, you may want to call ahead and make sure that they top off the battery.
    I personally wouldn't bother, nor would I want somebody who is almost guaranteed to know less about the car than I do to try and explain things to me....or even try to charge it for that matter.
    I would do a thorough inspection for damage, perform a quick check of fluids, glass, lights and rubber (almost always not done by the buyer!).....op-test major systems, and them try to get the stealer to give me a spare key fob and disable the backup beeps, etc.
    After that?
    I'd leave them with signed papers.

The car will come with a manual.
    Use THAT in a nice quiet place, with lots of free time to get acquainted with the new ride's various electronic goodies.

Good Luck!!!!

RCO likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    damage to the exterior/interior are probably the most important. anything else can be repaired under warranty. make sure you get 2 fobs, a charging cord and a hatch cover.

RCO likes this.