1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Recommending New Brake Booster (Recall)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JDork23, Nov 24, 2019.

1. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Until someone can show me Toyota is just going to change them all for free, even if no problem exists or is reported...I'm done with this.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just for giggles, scratch an id on your current inverter, in a discreet location. Take a photo of it with a cell phone, which should time/date stamp it, in the exif data.

NutzAboutBolts and frodoz737 like this.
  3. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Reviews don't tell you what's happening. They tell you popular opinion. Since most people are not smart reviews just broadcast mass beliefs. Don't be as dumb as the masses. Be smarter. Listen to people smarter than yourself, not the general public...

4. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Nobody here can SHOW YOU what someone else is doing. You have to SEE for yourself

5. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    To clarify...show me Toyota "Documentation". This is not preemptive warranty work...it's a warranty extension...and the fault condition must be verified prior to performing the work. No such condition existed per the OP and Dealerships don't scan without cause.

per post #1:

"Hi there!

I've used this site various times as a good resource when my dealership is trying to scam me (it's Miami after all). I just brought in my 2015 Prius for it's 75,000 mile service and the Advisor recommended I replace my brake booster because it's a recall Toyota has. When I asked why I never received notice of this recall, he said it was only for people who come in with a complaint, but that it's worth changing ASAP before they end the recall. I'm always suspicious when they recommend something because this is the same place that tried to sell me a new fuel injection system when my car only had 30,000 miles (Wth). I've not had any issues with my car, but I wanted to know if you guys think it's work replacing the brake booster?

I apologize if this situation has been mentioned before. Thanks!"

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10164923-9999.pdf

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10164922-9999.pdf