1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer says do not change ATF until 150k

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by FlyFast93, Aug 5, 2018.

1. sschmid

sschmid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Word of caution when replacing the engine undercover. Make sure all clips are secure. I had engine coolant changed at a reputable dealer I have used for years. The mechanic didn't secure cover in front of tire properly. Driving highway forced it to flip down under my tire which turn my right tire sliding on the pavement. Almost hit the guardrail. Had to rip it off to continue driving. Shop owner was mortified. Mechanic lost his job. Luckily I didn't lose my life.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

Strange that he would remove the cover in front of the tire. I don't think that's necessary. Do you mean the one that's about a foot square, connect at it's rear to the wheel well arch plastic piece? Is this the one:

upload_2018-9-7_16-51-21.png

3. DLC82SV

DLC82SV Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm so glad you are okay. They should be bolts not clips!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a nice collection of clips that I pick up when walking near a section of high curb. Folks pull in and hang up their front end, and the back out leaving them behind. :mad::mad::mad: Many are damaged but a surprising number have all their expandable bits intact. I think of it as small scale auto recycling (y)

Glee217 and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Many years ago I picked up a wack of small metric bolts, strewn around a Honda dealership lot. Even got my kids involved, harvesting them. Still have a lot of them.

Glee217 and Raytheeagle like this.