1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer swap. The car's 150 plus miles away. Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by JohnnyEmac, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That rankles; I would put it on the con side of a pro/con list. As in, "what else may they be foisting on me".

I'd wait, if possible.

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I geo-located my swapped RAV4 VIN here, before the local management told their salescritter where they were getting it from:

Toyota Inventory | New Toyota Inventory Search

... though that Google spreadsheet someone posted earlier, is much more detailed.

I think you need to adjust that for modern inflation.

Just ask the particle physicists, they've been weighing (or more properly, "massing") it almost since they discovered it generations ago. But just recently, they also "weighed" some and verified that its mass polarity is also identical to ordinary matter.

Danno5060 likes this.
  3. JohnnyEmac

JohnnyEmac New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Thank you all for the replies! I went to the dealership and went through the motions to purchase today. Where this vehicle is currently being built. I asked why it couldn't be redirected to their dealership. They agreed with me and stated the sales manager is actually trying to have this done.
    My deposit is refundable, so at this point I have nothing to lose.

Thanks!

vvillovv likes this.
  4. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a contract for the car you want at the price to which you agreed. You might want to just wait.

I've had two Toyotas delivered to my home by out of state dealers for a fee. I had no issue with either car, but for one of them, the porter lost his way and didn't get to my home until 9PM. Tough to really inspect a car in the dark. On that one, I also had to explain to the porter which docs he needed to get back to the dealer in Illinois.

5. Danno5060

Danno5060 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Definitely be prepared to walk away from the deal if there's something wrong.

I ordered a new car once, from one dealer. They closed, there was a strike at the factory, then the dealer that serviced the order tried to renegotiate on the deal made by the original dealer. It's one of the biggest mistakes of my life not walking away from that one.

JohnnyEmac likes this.