1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Wrecked My 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by gofast, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Pakman777

Pakman777 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jabber:
    Alright, time to fess up if you got this guys car by mistake there in Illinois "Chicago Area.":)

2. Indyking

Indyking Happy Hyundai owner...

I don't know... Indy, Chicago, Madison (WI)... it
    Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer said the VIN has not been registerd in any dealer yet, but I'm not sure how fast and accurate their system is...

3. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looks like an unsold Prius III with no options is something they could just get somewhere with the Region's assistance.

4. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    PM me the vin that you have. I'll check and see where the car is.

1 person likes this.
  5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Do you have a VIN#?
    I can try and do a little research for you.
    Bummer, wish we were closer to one another! :cool: ON ground, I have a II in blue, III in white with NAV and 2 red IVs and a silver IV NAV as well.

Maybe I can track down some honest news on your car that you're chasing.

1 person likes this.
  6. gofast

gofast Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Everyday I have to resist getting in my car and driving until I find the car I want to buy and buying it. I keep telling myself good things comes to those who wait. It looks like the first one was wrecked at port. You hear so many stores that you do not know what to beleive. But the Gen III package III Pearl better be at that dealership next week or they can take that Prius and :eek:.

Here is the vin of the wreaked one and the one coming

Gen III PackII {WRECKED} JTDKN3DU8A0002590
    Gen III Pack III JTDKN3DU8A0009608

Also dude above, do not let them tell you they do not have the vin number while it is in transit. These two vin numbers show they have the numbers.

7. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Gotta love it! Thanks, you two, for showing some real interest in helping Indy find his car!

I hope we hear the rest of the story. As much as I'm pulling for a good ending, I'm a bit concerned that the dealer had a VIN but now has no idea where the car may be found. There is no way Toyota is not tracking these cars. Heck, FedEx can tell me where any $5 package is!

1 person likes this.
  8. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, this forum is not only a nice place for informative and fun discussions (most of the time) but also for very appreciative help.

I will let you all know what the outcome of this is going to be, but all I can say at this point, is that things are not looking good. I was so excited about getting my Prius soon and now I'm beginning to loose my hope... :(

9. gofast

gofast Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do not lose hope. Pruis are hitting the dealers every week. You got to walk in that dealership with Nasty Look and say you find where my car is right now or I am walking out of this place with my deposit and going to a dealership that knows what to hell there doing. This Is BS. The other day afther my prius got wreaked and I got off the phone with the manger. I talked to my saleman he said, his said his afraid of you. I replied, he better be because his got one more chance to get it right and he's going to give me something for " pain and suffering over this Pruis being wreaked.

1 person likes this.
  10. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, the sales guy just left a message in my phone admitting that my car has been damaged during transport and that's the whole reason for the delay! I think the dealer knew all along about it but was trying to conceal it from me. They were never up front about it. If I had not asked for the dealer inquiry report, I wouldn’t ever know. In his message, he says that the car is being fixed and it appears to be very minor because the value reported was just $500, but he didn’t say exactly what happened. Now he's asking if I want to proceed with the purchase, in that case, they will try to get me the car as soon as possible, or if I want my deposit back. Of course, he's playing this BS game now because he knows he can easily sell the repaired car to someone given the high demand and it will be very difficult for me to get another one like that fast. Please, share your thoughts with me, I need help asap!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

11. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I wouldn't buy a new car that was damaged in any way. "Very minor damage" & $500 seem mutually exclusive. This guy's jerking you around--I'd find another dealer.

12. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    tell him you still want the car. ask him to start being honest with you and tell you exactly what was damaged. Base you r final judgment on what was damaged, how it looks when it shows up, and a discount for the damage, regardless of how good the fix looks.

i'd say $500 off for being jerked around and for the damage.

13. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If I were you, I would definitely need to know exactly what happened to the car, what was damaged, and what was replaced or repaired and how it was repaired. I would hold off on making a decision as to whether or not I wanted that particular car until I knew exactly what transpired and could see the car for myself.

Something else to consider is how badly do you want your new car? How long are you willing to wait for another one? Has your salesperson given you an estimate of how long it would take to find a different car? I know I would have a hard time swallowing buying a brand new car that had been damaged, even if fixed. Others might not blink at that fact at all as long as it was fixed properly.

14. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't see any great words of comfort for you in terms of continuing relations with this dealer. I know it doesn't seem like a very good idea to go somewhere else and be placed at a later point on someone else's waiting list, but I don't know what it would take to get your confidence back in this dealer. Perhaps they thought you were an easy mark. It appears they were surprised by some of your inquiries.

Yes, this is easier for me to say, because I HAVE my 2010. Still, I'd start looking elsewhere right now. You probably don't need to ask for your deposit back yet -- maybe they'll call you tonight with a brand new car. They clearly haven't been able to perform under the contract, so you should be able to get your refund (be certain of this before buying elsewhere).

Jabber isn't that far away, and you'll be driving to WI anyway, fairly soon. See what he can do for you!

15. gofast

gofast Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well we told you that he was giving you a bunch of BS on pruis chat. The thing I do not like is all the lying. At least my dealership was fast and up front about it being wreacked. I would never start out with a wreacked car. I would say order me a new one and get it here by. Another dealership or whatever and then I would start also searching your self and then take the best deal. ANd do not feel bad playing them and useing them to get the best deal. They did not mine playing you and leading you on with their lies. Wow this upsets me. You want me to start looking for you.

16. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Sometimes I can barely eat while I am waiting for a toy, but really guys: breathe.

$500 may be nothing more than a bit of easily fixed cosmetic damage. Get details and then decide.

17. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, end of drama. I'm feeling better now. I decided to give them a chance to fix this mess, so I asked for details of what has been damaged and how it's being fixed. If it was just something minor that was being replaced by an original Toyota part, like a broken rearview mirror for instance, I would be willing to get the car as long as they provided me an official detailed report of the repair. I also asked for a discount, felt a little bad about it, but not so much because they have caused me extreme stress and discomfort as you can imagine. They responded that Toyota was unlikely to ever let them know details about the repair and they have to decide if they still want the fixed car or let Toyota sell it to some other dealer, but at that point, I could barely trust in anything they were saying. So, given the situation, I required a refund and was promptly taken care of.

Now, I don't have my Prius, but I do feel relieved. Interestingly, my first impression of this particular dealer was the worst compared to my other local options, but I decided to order from them because they supposedly could get what I want faster than anybody else and also offered the best money for my trade-in...

Luckily, something not too distant is coming up for me... I'm about to close a deal with another local dealer... hopefully will have it done today. The wait is not bad, it's just 1 month and this is going to be my first choice of color (winter gray metallic). The black was my second choice. This time, the dealer is actually the one I liked the most during my shopping around...

So, the better deal not always turn out to be the best in the end... there is a saying like that in my country of origin, I'm not sure what the America equivalent is...

Have a nice day folks… and thanks for your comments!!!

18. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Transportation damage is not uncommon. Normally it is fixed by the dealer and the car is sold as new.

Tom

19. gofast

gofast Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think you Can do better than a month wait and get what you want. My dealership got on the phone and talked to a lady. I do not know who she is but I could find out. They told her my wrecked story and I had my pick of two cars in one day with what wanted. A II or a III and is coming only 5 days later then the wreacked one. I do not know who this lady is but she can definely pull the trigger And make good things happen.

20. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps... but I just don't want to deal with the same dealer anymore...