1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealers are calling me left and right...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sunnysandiegan, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Wynder

Wynder New Member

What I plan on doing when I get my Prius is giving the dealer options:

Extended Warranty: Let them know you're going to spend $990 on the 7/100/0 Extended Warranty and it's up to them if they want that money. You can buy it through this website for that amount and a small portion goes towards PriusChat.com. That saves you about $700.

Floor Mats: You can get some generics from Costco or buy them OEM off of eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/SCION-WAREHOUSE-TOYOTA-MALL (search for prius mats in that store). Price: $70 with about $15 in shipping. That should save you about $105.

Front End Mask: This is really a decision for you to make based on your location -- like others have mentioned, since it's the middle of snowy season, if your local area uses sand and gravel as well as salt, it might be a decent option. You can get these online around the area of $120 plus about $25 in shipping. Not sure what they cost at the dealer.

That's about all I'm interested in, I'm sure others will have more information as well.

2. Wynder

Wynder New Member

It's completely at the discretion of the dealer to include or exclude cars at their will -- when I had put in a request through Costco, it was actually routed through the guy who I'd been dealing with who said, "It's not part of the Costco program," and I made sure to let him know that it wasn't a Costco thing, it was a dealer choice which he kind of shrugged off.

3. olends

olends New Member

TDA

Toyota Dealer Advertisement Fee - it’s a fee the dealer has to pay to help offset the cost of Toyota’s national advertising campaign.

See if you can get them to remove it, you are not interested in paying for the dealers advertising.

4. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

WOW! Y'all are a wealth of information! THANKS!!!

Any ideas on protecting the fabric seats? Is it always packaged with the exterior protection? Do these really help keep the car in good condition? What other places do this type of work? Anyone in the San Diego area have a good recommendation? Thanks!

5. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Though I've never tried it with my older cars, I'd say grab a bottle of ScotchGuard fabric protector and go to town. :)

$11 on Amazon (Link)

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got GT seat covers to protect the seats. I ordered them through Toyota of El Cajon. There is also Wet Oke seat covers.

7. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Hey Jack! I just looked up and followed through on the Costco program. Wouldn't you know the dealer assigned to me is the one who hasn't bothered returning my email...LOL However, this internet/Costco salesman sure did respond quickly! I did the Costco thing online and as soon as I saw who I was assigned to, I picked up the phone to call and see about other options. The salesman from the dealer called 30 seconds into phone call! LOL I opted to call him back and continue with the Costco auto program gal. Of the three other dealers I have been talking to about getting Prius, only one is even with the Costco program and they have excluded the Prius from the Costco program. So...I am back to the dealer that rarely follows through. I called him back and we discussed details. He told me what his current allocation (coming in the next two weeks, which is their FIRST shipment of '06s) is for my package preference (neither of my color choices) and promised to call back when he gets his next allocation listing. We'll see. The Costco discount isn't much, so I am not too concerned.

Then...I checked Costco's financing. It is through Capital One and current rate is 5.14% for new cars.

I feel like I am making progress! LOL Now to call (or look up online) our two credit unions. And a phone call to the dealer where we have the deposit down to check on a few things, including financing options, update on our ordered vehicle, and what's included already at this dealer (at our cost, of course). He called me yesterday and left a message...

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here's a recent thread regarding loan rates that a lot of us were checking out...

Best Loan Rate for 2006 Prius

And here's a link to the Toyota Financial website where you can find their APR info:

Toyota Financial

You may have to plug in your zip code, then choose the car type, then choose what you think your credit rating would be from Poor to Excellent. I chose Excellent and an APR of 7.4% was returned to me.

I recently got loan approval and a blank check from Capital 1 Auto Finance through Coscto. Go to Costco.com, click Services, then click on Auto Loan/Refinance. They had great rates. I didn't qualify for any of the local credit unions that had rates competitive with Capital 1 and ELoan. Also you can check Bankrate.com for auto loan rates.

I have my blank check and will use that as leverage when directed to Toyota's finance dept at the dealer...if they can give me a better rate I'll go with them. If not, I'll make use of that check. :)

9. justinc

justinc New Member

Hi sunnysandiegan,

I've never purchased the exterior/interior protection before on my other new car purchases, but decided to take a plunge this time to see how it really works. My dealer offered the Permaplate protection (exterior and interior). I have cloth interior (ivory). I was trying to see if I can just get the interior protection, but they said no. If I remember correctly, the Permaplate comes with a 5year warranty. If you get a stain on your seat/interior and you can't get it out yourself, you take it back to the dealer and they will try to remove it. If they have no luck, they will call Permaplate to come in to remove or replace with a new one. Hope that helps a little.

10. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

We have specifically been asked to not use the price of the Extended Warranty on PC to bargain with dealers.

Please don't ruin it for those of us who have not yet purchased it.