1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealers back to MSRP++ ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Malarkey, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dhancock @ Jul 3 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]472616[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for the PM - I had actually looked at their stock last weekend. When you first replied I was working with Carsdirect and local dealers who kept expressing confidence in their ability to come up with a car in the color and trim I was looking for. Will probably give the folks in Rochester a call and see how it goes, though I'm not keen on those colors.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tula @ Jul 3 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]472654[/snapback]</div>
    Carsdirect did put some effort into it but couldn't find one. Tonight they sent me an e-mail indicating that I had cancelled my request (I hadn't, and was surprised at the wording).

This forum is keeping my interest up; I probably would have picked up a TCH by now if it wasn't for the threads discussing the technical aspects and the satisfaction levels.

2. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

In mid March I bought a 2007 Prius with Option 6 (fully loaded - not a Touring model) through the Sam's Club program from a Phoenix dealer for a flat $100 over invoice. Now $100 over invoice on kbb or edmunds.com is different than the true dealer invoice. Ad fees of some $600 are standard. So if you look at kbb or edmunds and figure $600-700 over thier invoice price, then I think you got a fair deal.

3. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 New Member

I forgot to mention Toyota did have a $600 discount on the Package 2 Touring..... It was already incorporated into the final sticker price though.

4. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Found a dealer that had a base with #6 coming in, in a color I liked. Should have it in two weeks - yay!

Price wasn't bad, though they did start playing frustrating dealer games. They had a $2500 trade in bonus, which I laughed at since I assumed they'd just screw with their evaluation. They did to a degree that was amazing, basically saying a car with a KBB Trade in value of $5000 was wort $700.

Fortunately we didn't need to do the trade in, so I told them what I thought of it and moved on.

5. sheremata

sheremata New Member

Hi Mularkey,

Not sure if you have bought one yet, but we went to a dealership near Poughkeepsie, NY and were told that they were not negotiating, and so went to another dealer in Peekskill. After telling them we were willing to go with the dealer who gace us the best price, the Peekskill dealer was willing to move 500 from the MSRP on Package 5. All in all, we were extremely happy with our sales man, who I think made the difference. I recommend shopping around and telling dealers what your local person was offering and asking could they do better. When it is all said and done, though, you shouldn;t expect too much below MSRP, if anything.

Megs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ Jul 3 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]472675[/snapback]</div>

6. crypter

crypter New Member

Malarkey,

I don't know about Sam's, but purchasing through Costco has been the absolute best car buying experience I've ever had. No BS, $300 over invoice on a silver 2007 #4. Drove in my trade-in and drove out with my new Prius 2 hours later...

Just to be clear though, this was end of November last year in San Jose, Cali. Since then I've heard of even better deals but going into summer now things can/do change. But in the past half year of owning a G2 I couldn't be happier. BTW, the #4 package is exactly what I wanted - leather isn't a big deal to me and I already have a portable Garmin GPS that I use for both driving and flying, so I didn't opt for the factory Nav (according to some posts here it isn't all its cracked up to be...)

Hope you find the deal you are looking for B)

7. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crypter crypter @ Jul 12 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]477832[/snapback]</div>
    I did find one - should be taking delivery any day now. Have the VIN and am told it landed in the port (NY) yesterday.

Silver base with package 6...

Can't wait. :)

8. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ Jul 3 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]472675[/snapback]</div>
    That's when the deals were the best it's been in 3 years. Sales figure had just hit a historic low for a brief moment. Should have shopped around.