1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealers to avoid / Bad experience

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by harajuka, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Put the crack pipe down. I'd like to see you try and drive a new Ferrari without getting an explanation from the salesman or manual.

Anyway, all Toyota dealers in Houston suck. Its just the culture because of Gulf State Toyotas. And the way Toyota packages their options as compared to Honda, where there is one MSRP for the entire nation. I feel sorry for the uneducated buyer that gets caught in their web. They'll rob you blind. But if you know what you are doing, you can beat them at their own game.

2. vapor8

vapor8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Visited 2 Toyota dealerships in the Northern Virginia area to purchase my Prius.

Leesburg Toyota has to be the WORST dealership I have ever walked into. First person I talked to lied to me in my face within 30 secs and wouldn't stop following me around, pressuring me to put a deposit on a Prius NOW when all I came in for was to actually 'see' what the 2010 looked like! And once they got my phone number (my mistake), they would repeatdly call me everyday, even after I told them multiple times that I was dealing with another dealership and was no longer interested. I even got a call AFTER I told them I had purchased my Prius elsewhere! Many neighbors are experiencing the same tactics. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I ended up purchasing my Prius from Ourisman Chantilly Toyota. Best car buying experience I have ever had. Answered all my questions, never pressured me, never 'harassed' me with phonecalls and gave me a fair price. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM. Ask for Adrian or Chris to help you out; great sales guys...

3. frogpond1

frogpond1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Was Manchester Toyota Lynch Toyota by any chance? Was thinking of going there as they were very laid back, no high pressure. Of course one thing that struck me as being slimey is they were allowing people to test drive someone else's Prius that was already pre-sold! That kinda put me off.

So where did you end up going?

4. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We recently bought our Model IV Prius from Ourisman Fairfax Toyota and had a very pleasant experience. Ask for Vincent.

BUT, we got the last one they had on the lot about 2 weeks ago. They "might" have more now but I doubt it, they're pre-selling their allocations like crazy.

5. dbz

dbz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Worst sales folks are at Dublin Toyota located in Dublin, CA. Rude and unfriendly! So I ended up driving 26 miles to Concord Toyota. At lease the sales folks were nice and friendly, :)!

6. TangaRed

TangaRed New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Don't got to Walnut Creek Toyota. They really screwed me over and have not returned my deposit. I then went to Fairfield Toyota (california not pennsylvania) They were fine until they could not deliver the car, lied about it coming on Tuesday, on the truck, etc. then the salesman has never returned a call - still tyring work it out - the sales manager is a lttle better but I'm still hanging, no car yet (original purchase July 31)- I could have found another car if they had been straight from the begining but now the inventory is low and I can't tell if they are really looking for me except if I find the Salesmanger on the phone. I'll hold off on a thumbs down on these guys until the situation is resolved but for now, if they don't have the car on the lot - do NOt buy from Fairfield.

7. Crazyhorse6901

Crazyhorse6901 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Toyota makes a good product but the stealerships treat their customers like SH**.:mad::banplease:

8. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you have a problem with a dealership, call Toyota North America HQ. I've called Honda HQ a few times over the years and they are very concerned about the dealers' performance and overall image of the company. Got a prompt response and they worked with me to solve the problem every time.

9. harajuka

harajuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I need to add another dealer to the bad list. I initially put down a deposit with Valdosta Toyota in GA, they were great at first, emails and calls returned very prompt. After I left my deposit, I would try to check in every now and then for status, and salesman would not pick up my calls. I would email him and no return emails whatsoever. So I decided to cancel my order with them, and of course could not reach anyone, I had to go through the secretary. She said they would refund me my deposit, and after a week goes by no refund. So now I have to go through my Credit card Co for a dispute. So definitely avoid Valdosta at all cost.

On a good note, I have a deposit with a different dealer and should be expecting my car shorty. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Leakman

Leakman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you like having your feet held to the fire and dealing with pressure cooker-like tactics visit any of the Boch car dealerships in Massachusetts. Sales people have little, if any, knowledge of the product they are selling. All they are interested is in a sale, whether they are signing you up for something that you don't want is of little interest to them.

Bad business practices!! :eek:

11. Big-w

Big-w Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't know about the veracity of Mossy's boast. Toyota of Santa Monica (Even it's website says this) claims to be the #1 hybrid dealer in the NATION.

-BW