1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dealership maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by w. tucker, Oct 29, 2012.

1. w. tucker

w. tucker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello all ...

I've been taking our (my wife and my) prius to the dealership for standard maintenance since we bought the car. it's a 2005. somewhat I was doing it because we were under warranty and then extend warranty. also, aside from adding fluids and changing the oil in our other cars, I am not that knowledgeable.

we are out of warranty now. so I was wondering about folks thoughts one continuing to take the car to the dealership or finding another place for oil changes, filters, etc.

I am new at this, so be gentle :0)

cheers,

tucker

dealership maintenance

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you crazy?!? why would you take your car to the dealer for service?!? are you made of money?!? just kidding.:) i have never taken mine to the dealer since 2004, except for warranty work. if you can find a local shop with references, that would be fine. then again, there's nothing wrong with the dealer if you've been happy there. just make sure they don't fill the oil above the full mark on the dipstick and they use the correct oil. and don't go to jiffylube etc. all the best!

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the Gen II maint. forum out of the Prius v forum.

4. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If u can change the oil in ur other cars then u can do it in the Prius along with rotating the tires. The air filter is also easy.

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Both the cabin and engine air filters can be changed in under 5 mins for the two without any tools and as sfv41901 said the oil and filter change is the same as most any other car.