1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dear door, be quiet please

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Blue Prius2015, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Blue Prius2015

Blue Prius2015 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is there a way to have the rear hatch of the Prius open without the alarm constantly beeping at me? With a rototiller in the rear the hatch had to stay open and the ride was with unending beeping. I can imagine in the future that I might load into the rear something that will require that the hatch again be open while driving. How to undo that beeping?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm kinda interested in this too. I drove about 30 kms one time with the hatch open (shelf project) and that beeping...

I thought I could spoof it being closed, by pushing a carabeener (sic?) into the latch mechanism. It didn't work, but maybe it was just not the right size to convince the car?? It did at least provide a good tiedown point.

Maybe you need something like a carabeener, and it needs to not just be in the latch but also pulling up slightly, tensioned, as the hatch would be?

3. SB6

SB6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I haven't looked into it, as I haven't had the need yet, but I remember reading something about sticking a pen or something in the latch mechanism to simulate a closed hatch

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Subject says door not being quiet but post said beeping o_O

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Had it been beeping quietly, there would be an intrinsic contradiction there.