1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dear god, when is safety connect going to be available. toyota doesn't even know.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by poodlemaster, Jul 17, 2009.

1. poodlemaster

poodlemaster New Member

has anyone heard any type of release date for safety connect besides fall? i'm interested in purchasing my 5th prius, but would like to at least have a general idea when it will be out besides sept 21st-dec21st (give or take a day or two). tired of waiting, have no patience. any response would be great, especially from a credible source.:cheer2:

1 person likes this.
  2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If Toyota doesn't know, how could anyone be able to tell you more than that? They are saying late fall. I would suggest that you pin your hopes for Early December, and then, most likely, you will not be disappointed if it does not arrive by then.

3. jon_lancaster_toyota

jon_lancaster_toyota Nate Riesen

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    GOOOD MORNING!
    Production on Prius with safety connect will begin in August of this year. Prius IV & V with Nav will have the feature standard. Safety Connect will be on-line as soon as the car is sold and reported to Toyota. The first year will be free.
    So....place your order at the end of August and look for a car that's deliverable for late September and you'll have the option.

Nate

1 person likes this.
  4. poodlemaster

poodlemaster New Member

where did u hear LATE fall? toyota.com was saying late summer and then changed to fall of 2009. besides, i've found out several things about 2010 prius that toyota claimed they didn't know yet. so there.:)

5. rlr66

rlr66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Nate - I just purchased a IV w/solar package and should receive it in about 2 months. That would have the safety connect because I have the solar package right?