1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

December buyers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sshaw10, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I took my trade to carmax for a valuation (free and good for a week), which put a hard floor under it at a significantly higher amount than the stealer offered. Ultimately, they wanted my trade-in at the dealer and upped their offer. That allowed me to save some sales tax.

2. Peakbagr

Peakbagr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good dealers in Albany, NY area?

Looking to add a Prius to the family car lineup. Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the Albany,NY area?

Moderators, pls let me know if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks

3. brandonpa

brandonpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I lucked out as well. I purchased a car before this as well as my brother purchased a car and told them I sent him to them they sold me my 2010 III w/ Navigation. Sticker 26488 ended up getting it for $24800, based off of what I am seeing not sure if that is a good deal or not? Still love this car though. :)

Central Pennsylvania price

4. zazzaprius

zazzaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Good dealers in Albany, NY area?

Peakbagr,

Try New Country Toyota of Saratoga Springs - they had the best deal out there. New Country of Clifton Park is good as well but the Saratoga dealer gave me the most value for my trade..good luck

5. mmichaell

mmichaell Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm picking up a Blizzard Pearl Prius III with Floor+Cargo Matts, Rear Bumper Applique, Cargo Net all at invoice price tomorrow - basically 23,300.

correction - the additional options (cargo mats, etc.) were charged at MSRP.

6. wrharryman

wrharryman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In the DC area, dealers' inventories are up! Yesterday I saw an online "special" price on a blue IV with nav and solar roof and mats (MSRP = $31,430) of $28,686 -- $2,744 under MSRP! I couldn't believe my eyes. Figured it had to be bait and switch. Or damaged. Or a salesman's car. But nope. And it was still sitting on the lot yesterday at 6:30pm. 11 miles on the odometer. My name is now on the title. Unfortunately, tomorrow it will be under 12 inches of snow. (I'm still pretty happy.) :D

7. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats!!! (not for the upcoming snow)

8. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi - I called Toyota the other day and they told me that there were no campaigns for the Prius 2010. Do you mean good financing promotions? I'm wondering whether I should do my deposit tomorrow or not.............. and wait a few days?! thank you

9. stuttgart

stuttgart New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got my 2010 Prius II in white, no option. $1100 off MSRP.

1 person likes this.
  10. JeffyJosephNCa

JeffyJosephNCa TCH & Newbie Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's awesome!! Are you sure it was a IV, because the MSRP came up $33,710, ($5024 below MSRP!!) when I researched on edmunds, if so you hit the jackpot! :)

11. vandelaycorr

vandelaycorr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got my 2010 Prius III in silver; mats, first aid kit, wheel locks. $1800 off MSRP.

12. web1b

web1b Active Member

Solar roof price includes nav, so you don't add the cost of nav again when you calculate the price.
    The IV shouldn't have a $33K MSRP.

13. Comperio

Comperio Nooberator 200

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a little confused on MSRP for base pkg II. I see $22,400 on all the auto websites. But, I see $23,205 and $22,805 on my dealer quotes. :confused: (GST area)

The best deal I've found for a base + mats pkg II in blizzard is a disappointing $23,100 (after 9 dealer quotes). Is this $280 above, $525 below or $125 below MSRP?

Also, we are coming up on the end of the month, end of the year, in the middle of a recession. I would think I'd be seeing some great prices on a new Prius, like I've seen here on the forums. But no such luck here in middle OK. :frusty:

14. bike_california

bike_california Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Who did you use, if you don't mind me asking. Looking to buy in San Jose before years end. thanks!