1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deciding on all weather floor mats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by geologyrox, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just ordered some on Tuesday from www.ToyotaPartsPeople.com. They were $59.80 + $11.95 shipping.

I believe they are these ones:
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2006/prius/accessories/awmats_lg.jpg
    ...but unfortunately there was no picture on the website where I ordered them. All the other Prius-specific items they have pictures for are the ones shown in the 'Accessories" section for Prius on the Toyota website, so I would assume they're the same ones. I guess I'll see them when they get here!

I saw some less desirable all-weather mats on Ebay at a range of prices, as well as some nice ones. :)

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Those look nice!.. a little cheaper than mine too.

3. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You guys are nuts! I passed on the $129 OEM floor mats to buy some decent $30 floor mats from Target. It doesn't go quite to the side, but I don't keep my foot there anyway, so an occasional vacuuming will keep that like new. It's better for my wallet and took 1/2 hour to decide, buy and trim. The color matches my dark grey interior quite well.

nerfer

4. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Obsessed, probably. ;) Nuts, I don't think so. Had cheapy mats in my last car. Because they were basically flat slabs of plastic, a lot of stuff slopped over the edges and I had a bathtub ring of dirt on the carpets. I got the Prius OEM mats for half price and have been really happy with them. So far they are catching all the slop in their deep grooves and keeping the carpet surrounding them looking like new. If they enhance the resale value, then this was a good investment.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine didn't cost that much and they are really beefy and solid with deep ridges and built really well.
    The front ones have the holes to fit the factory hold downs too.

http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails.asp...=81&SortIndex=9

6. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have to agree with going with the factory all weather mats; I have them and they fit perfecvtly and do not move at all. The Target store type of mats usually end up sliding around and can create problems when driving if they become lodged under the gas pedal or something. My allseason mats were $65 I think from Toyota and are thick, heavy and have never budged an inch.

7. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wondering how the mats are! thinking of ordering Toyota ones as well.

8. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

I, too, have been anguishing over this decision. Here is my dilemma:

Do I keep the OEM floor mats pristine and covered by some ugly rubber thing that doesn't even say Prius on it, just so the next owner of my beautiful car can enjoy a spot free floor?

OR

Do I enjoy looking at and stepping on my own color coordinated, OEM floor mats which say Prius and, which may from time to time have a spot or two on them, but which I can replace every 1-2 years if they get really cruddy?

I'm torn!

I always try to live by the mantra that "I own the car, the car does NOT own me..." But I really do want the new one to remain pristine when she arrives...

At this moment (may change 5 mins after I post this...), I think I am leaning toward enjoying my expensive OEM carpeted Prius mats, and I will worry about replacing them when they get really cruddy...

None of the after-market mats have been impressive enough style/looks-wise to motivate me to buy them, and from everything I can tell the OEM All Weather mats only come in BLACK! ICK!

Sigh. :-\

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 10 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]237672[/snapback]</div>
    I was torn too... until I realized I actually am just toooo stressed about keeping my matts clean..... after steam cleaning them and drying them good in the clothes dryer "on a rack" (Because it rains every friggin day here)......
    As soon as I put them back in my car, the very next day my wife got in my car after walking out of a building and going across the grass and that did it!!!.. a nice muddy stain instantly!....
    when I got home.. I put in my all weathers.... the fit perfectly and actually will really surprise you as to how good they look... I'm leaving them in until this friggin monsoon stops or I move south..

I do longer have this stress about my matts... its a nice load off my chest.

10. BoosPrius

BoosPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jan 16 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]191577[/snapback]</div>

Did you ever get a cargo mat? I just came across your post to which I am now replying. Last week, I bot a Weathertec rear cargo mat is just wonderful. It's custom fit for the Prius and the material is very soft. Not sure if it's plastic or rubber, or some hybrid of the two, pun intended. But it looks great and feels great, much better than the harder plastic like material of the cargo tray that came with my Mazda Tribute a few years ago.

The only downside is the high cost, around $102. I bot it through autoanything.com, if you are interested.

Gary
    2006 Super White

11. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(janrn @ Feb 1 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]202370[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

I was cheap and used the ones I had from my last car. They cost me $30 at Costco 15 years ago and they still work fine. :)

12. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well folks, I have been stressing over my carpeted OEM mats, because a week after I bought the car, my tan floormats were already showing dirt!
    Since then I have been stressing over how to keep them clean, and most passengers would comment on how discolored they were!
    So, this weekend I dropped them into my washing machine, and they didn't come out looking much better!

I will have to break down and buy some sort of rubber ones... I just hate the idea of paying so much!! Can't wait to hear more response and see where people are getting theirs and for how much, because I need to order some.

13. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ordered rubbertite from matdepot last week. deck mat & floor mats $119

should arrive any day now- will let ya know how they are!
    barbara

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Apr 17 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]240948[/snapback]</div>

14. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Feb 23 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]215370[/snapback]</div>
    Rancid - did these arrive yet (I hope!) and where they the official Toyota mats? Are you in love with them? Trying to decide between these and the Carbox. Or maybe I should just wait until next winter at this point...

** ah, just checked. They now show a picture, and they are the factory mats. What is odd to me is that in all these mat discussions, everybody loves to show these stock photos. Does anybody have pictures of them in the car? In the back seats?

15. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

I ended up ordering the OEM all weather mats ($75 shipped from eBay) in Black (since there is no color choice) for my new 06.

I really would have liked something clear (so one could see the nice beige carpet & words underneath), but I definitely wanted ones with a lip, so I went this route.

At least it also says "Prius" on it. :)

16. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Rubbertite mats from mat depot finally arrived! thought the black accents the dash, etc....

17. Dripps

Dripps New Member

Miss Taz, we have the same car! I haven't ordered these mats yet since I was waiting to see if beige option would be released but no sign of them, so I'm thinking of giving in and ordering the black. So now I need one last bit of reassurance...the black looks fine with beige interior? Are you happy with these mats?

Thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ May 3 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]249014[/snapback]</div>

18. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was havving some trouble trying to figure out exactly what color my interior is.... seatly look sort of tan but carpet looks sort of grey so black for the mats was the best choice!

19. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone know of a good dealer in SoCal that will give a great deal on the all weather mats? Maybe if we buy as a group? I will be down there again this weekend, and can pick them up.

20. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tripod137 @ Jan 14 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]189887[/snapback]</div>
    This may be old news, however ordered Carbox II floor mats for my 06..The rear hatch area fit great, the rear seat floor mats fit great..They put front mats on back order bec Toyota redesigned the floor just slightly. Should get delivery in a few weeks.. (mid Oct, 06)