1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Declining EV every day after full charge??

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by SocialSuzy, May 17, 2012.

1. When going down the hill, keep it in EV with slight brake pedal. This will maintain the EV and possibly even charge it more. When going uphill, use HV, THIS WILL SAVE your charge in EV. At the crest, again switch back to EV for more charge. At certain flat points on route, get some speed in HV, and then do long glides to that stop sign or or light = more charge.

2. I rebooted a few days ago, at first there was no change, in fact even less range, went from 12.8 to 11.5. But, the last two days it was 13.4 then 13.5. Maybe it worked!

3. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm at about 16 estimated EV miles, but I also switch back and forth between EV & HV. So it's not a true 100% EV drive. Also, on my way home from Pasadena, it is all downhill and I get about 22 miles on pure EV. There is 1 hill, that I use HV to go up. Drive home gets me about 250 mpg.

4. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah that's typically my strategy with the HV going to work. Going down the hill in the beginning is REALLY hard to do because of how steep and long it is, even if i just let the passive charge with no brake it almost fills up by the time I hit the bottom.

5. stu lb

stu lb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Andyprius #1, how do you reboot to get back to factory default? I'd like to try it. Thanks.

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I'm all ears also.........:rolleyes:

7. It is incredibly simple, just like the computer. Unplug it ...that is disconnect the neg lead of the 12 V battery, for a few seconds then reconnect. I offer no guarantees, as I cannot prove it.

8. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Don't you lose all your settings? Radio stations, destinations, address book/phonebook, etc?

Andyprius # 1 likes this.
  9. That sounds like a good situation to me, your starting off with a full bank account and also making automatic deposits.

10. I only lost date and time.......so I reset.

11. Sounds perfect.

12. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you just looking to get a higher number when you turn the car on? This is a guestimate number, not actual.

This morning my phone showed I had 11 miles, the PiP showed I had 11.7 miles, I drove 5.9 miles and now the car shows I have 7 miles remaining.

The PiP is just giving its best estimates based on some proprietary formula that Toyota came up with. The car has no idea if you are going to drive 20 MPH or 61.5 MPH uphill into a headwind.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    exactly.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    late into this conversation and dont have time to read thru it, but did the OP find that she is actually losing capacity or is it simply the car getting to know her driving patterns?

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    op dropped out early on. she was so confused by 'ev range' and nothing we said could convince her that it was a result of her driving and not a problem with her car. she's not as social as she claims.:rolleyes:

chesleyn likes this.
  16. Where did you find the icon Bisco ?

17. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's odd.. so you're saying when you disconnected the negative terminal on the 12V battery and reconnected, the car shows 11.5 miles of EV range on a full charge? When I removed my negative terminal and put it back (it was disconnected for about an hour), it showed 13.4 miles of EV. I believe that's the default, since my first full charge after picking up my car was 13.4 or 13.3.

18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    click on the smiley and an assortment comes up.:)

19. I clicked on your smiley and nothing happened.

20. Maybe, it doesn't work on a IPad ?