1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Defending the Hybrid Flag

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekpolk, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I thought some of you might enjoy reading that drivel. While there are certainly some legitimate questions asked, I'm just amazed at how many seemingly rational folks just won't accept the existence of the hybrid, and as soon as you reason away one fallacious objection, up pops another, sorta like that old carnival mole bopping game. What puzzles me is why these guys are so hard over about hybrids in the first place. It seems pretty clear to me that the original poster started the thread just to bash. Maybe it's just as simple as they can't stand seeing that others have a found a better way and they're still stuck in their low mileage ruts.

sl7vk -- I was envisioning impaling them on a shiny silver gas filler nozzle!

burritos -- I have an aversion to leaving BS just sitting there allowing its stench to permeate everything -- someone had to stamp it out (oooooh, bad analogy...), well you know, neutralize it, and hey, it might as well have been me. Besides, muuuaaaahahaha, it's fun too! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(njkayaker @ Aug 8 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]299687[/snapback]</div>
    Details, details. . .

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekpolk @ Aug 7 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]299444[/snapback]</div>
    Hi ekpolk,

Good job defending the proud Hybrid name! :)

I noticed fewer and fewer "skeptic" arguments as the thread wore on, instead debating actually arguments. Nicely done. Though I do doubt that 33MPG Dodge pickup (?).

It is amazing how people can hear ONE bad experience with a hybrid then claim all hybrids are not worth the money, but then turn around and claim another car is the best vehicle ever because someone managed to get 30+MPG out of it... <Sigh> Are these people for real?

I also noticed that, to the best of my recollection, the TCO aspect of lower projected maintenance on the HSD didn't even come into the discussion... such as dramatically longer brake life, electric A/C, timing chain rather than belt, fewer (if any?) drive belts to replace, no conventional starter, alternator or complex auto tranny, etc, etc...

Interesting read, thanks for the link!

Kevin

3. ramarren

ramarren New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Aug 8 2006, 06:27 AM) [snapback]299561[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't been around the Prius until a few weeks ago so I'm happy to be an enthusiastic rookie for the moment.

All in all, the Prius will be most delightful to me if it simply works to meet expectations. That's also what will ultimately convince skeptics and naysayers. I believe it will based on what I read here.

Godfrey
    --- soon to be Prius owner ---

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Some people just don't get it, never will. That's why they still sell SUVs. Just wave as you pass them at the gas station.