1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivering a Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ChapmanF, Oct 8, 2017.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I'm thinking of giving Steve Woodruff's operation down in Scottsburg, Indiana a try, to get a Prius for a family member up in Michigan.

Mostly this seems easy, except for getting the car from Scottsburg to Michigan. Seems like I have a couple choices:

1. Title and register it for Indiana, drive it to Michigan, re-title it there, rent a car one way to get home.

2. Use a car delivery service to haul it to Michigan. Steve gave me a rough idea that those services run about $0.80 per mile. That would be a few hundred bucks, but so would the drive-and-one-way-rent option. It sort of sounds like less fuss in some ways.

I was hoping Steve would have the name of a particular delivery service to recommend, but he didn't.

I've checked on a few delivery service web sites I could find, and they are all the sort that won't even cough up a rough estimate until you put in your name, VIN, itinerary, and favorite sexual positions. (In fact, they might all be the same company, with slightly different color themes around the same intrusive form.) If I were to stumble on one that would just tell me what they charge to transport a car from A to B and then let me decide if I'm doing business with them, that would be a strong advantage for that company in my view.

Anybody have any recommendations or unrecommendations for car hauling services?

Thanks,
    -Chap

RCO likes this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When I sold our Gen-3, I recommended meeting at the Nashville Airport which services SouthWest. I drove up from Huntsville but was surprised when the buyer drove there. We did our business and he dropped me off at the bus terminal which is how I got back home. It was a direct bus to Huntsville, no connecting to others.

Good luck!
    Bob Wilson

RCO and ckam1989 like this.