1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery Check Sheet

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Ian Mayo, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Ian Mayo

Ian Mayo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    When I bought my T4 in January 2006 there were a number of delivery check sheets around on the net, correct VIN on paperwork, any scratches, a couple of bungs should have been fitted, shelf in centre console and so forth.

I am now awaiting delivery of a new PiP, is there available a similar delivery checklist?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i've never seen one, but that would be very helpful! i never checked the vin and just took a test drive and walk around inspection before completing the deal.

3. Ian Mayo

Ian Mayo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That is a pity. Here is what I found in 2006 (copy and pasting it here has garbled it a little but it is still understandable I hope:

Prius Pick-up Checklist
    (version 2004-04-30)
Gathered from messages posted at the Prius-2G Yahoo Group: It's your call on whether or not to push on any of these.

These are in addition to things you would normally do when going to your dealer (which you can probably find at several car sites or consumerreports org's virtual dealership).
    Basic
    • Check (A) the glove box, (B) the center storage, and (C) the extra space under cargo area for:
    o Rubber plugs that should have been installed (some dealers leave them off on purpose; so I'm not saying they should be installed, but if you find them, ask)
    o Rear lower side spoiler parts (see also Predelivery pdf)
    o Make sure you know what any parts lying around are for (but don't let dealer take any away)
    • Check that the shelf/tray is installed in the upper glove box
    • Check that the shelf/tray is in the center console (covers about 1/2 of lower cavity)
    • Check for the spare tire tie-down strap in glove box or trunk
    • Check that the antenna is installed on the roof
    • Check the plastic air dam under the front of the car for damage (people have said it cracks easily)
    • Check that you have a full tank of gas (window sticker says you are entitled to it)
    • Check that the gas cap is on tight (turned until it clicks; might prevent "Check Engine"/MIL light)
    • Check that the VIN matches your paperwork
    • If mileage is > n ask the dealer why (where n is 5-50 depending on who you talk to)
    • Bring a copy of Predelivery pdf, 2004peet pdf, and multi5 pdf with you.
    Advanced
    • Look through multi5 pdf and see if you want anything changed (ask if everything is set to defaults?)
    • Check that the oil level is not overfilled (takes 3.9 quarts, not 4 - at or below the Full line, not over!)
    • Check tire pressure (35psi front/33 rear is spec, higher is okay, but front should generally be 2psi greater than rear)
    • Take it for an initial drive before going too far from the dealer and check for
    o Alignment: make sure steering wheel is centered when driving straight; car shouldn't pull to one side or the other when stopping
    Dealer's Pre-Delivery Service
    See if they will give you a copy of the pre-delivery service check sheet (2004peet pdf) that was filled out.

Items from Predelivery pdf
    • Dome lights work (dome fuse installed)
    • License plate mounting brackets (if dealer is not installing license plates)
    • Emergency towing eyelet stored in tool box in luggage compartment; cover installed over hole in front bumper where towing eyelet goes
    • "One touch" open of power windows works (this is easy to do yourself)
    • Rear lower side spoiler (see PDF)
    • 12v aux battery fully charged (there is no real way for the average customer to test this, though this page shows a battery display under 
'Vehicle Signal Check')
    Extended Warranty
    • For more than you'll ever want to know about the Toyota Extended Warranty, go here
    • You can add it at any time up to the 3/36 expiration, despite what your dealer might say.
    • You can get it from any toyota dealer
    • If you buy in the SE Region, you might want to buy it from out of the Region to be sure you are getting the Toyota warranty.
    • 7 yr / 100,000 mi / $0 deductable can be had for as low as $980 (search the Archives for "platinum" and "980")
    • 7 yr / 75,000 mi / $0 deductable can be had for as low as $835
    Things You Should Get
    • Your car ;-)
    • A pad of valet cards (some people report getting none; others only one sheet)
    • 2 key fobs (supposedly silver Toyota logo if SE&S, black logo if non-SE&S - can't verify, I only have an SE&S car)
    • Owners manual (some people reported it comes with a plastic key; some reported that the plastic key came in an "introductory" letter from Toyota, not in owner's manual)
    Optional
    • Rain-X and a soft rag (old tee shirt) for application

version
    notes
    2004-4-30
    Updated Predelivery pdf to the newer version (PD106-03 pdf)
    2004-2-26
    Added link to Extended Warranty page
    2003-12-22
    Took original from Yahoogroups Files section and modified syntax a bit, added links, etc
    2003-11-30b
    added "tray in center console" and "spare tire tie-down strap" from fireflyfarm2003
    2003-11-30a
    added "antenna", "oil level", and "tire pressure" from mepard2004; added "full tank of gas", "gas cap tight", "alignment", "vin", "rain-x" from slave2duty
    undated
    initial draft by mielikkieo

4. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes! The dealer will hand it to you.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's pretty cool, i'm going to print it out for my next purchase. fortunately, i've never had an issue over the past 30 years.

6. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Make sure the gas tank is full and the battery is fully charged.

Mike

7. PeppyPrius

PeppyPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did receive one from the dealer when I took delivery of my 2013 last Wednesday.