1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Democrats and Terror - Role Playing

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Aug 10, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 10 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]300751[/snapback]</div>
    I would go after OBL and AQ with a vengence like we should have done in the first place.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingofgix @ Aug 10 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]301099[/snapback]</div>
    If doing nothing in retaliation to mass murder is the right answer from people on this BB - than so be it. My "incomprehension" of [your] right answer may reside in my inability to understand why [you] would no nothing in response to the mass murder of 6,000 of your fellow citizens.

Do you live in CT :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Erik Tkal @ Aug 10 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]301148[/snapback]</div>
    If your response to the mass murder of 6,000 of your fellow citizens is to talk and try to understand why it happened - fine. At what # of casualties would you actually go beyond talking?

Historically FDR needed less than 3,000 to declare war on two countries - one of which did not attack us.
    Kennedy got us into Vietnam with no American loss of life as did Truman.

What is your # of dead Americans that would launch you to retaliate? Or would you prefer to bury the dead and just try to understand why they died?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 10 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]301108[/snapback]</div>
    Not my solution. I wanted to know what you would do?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Aug 10 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]301294[/snapback]</div>
    You might be dead (pun intended) on here - but what would you have done if they succeeded?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Aug 10 2006, 11:34 PM) [snapback]301296[/snapback]</div>
    Are you supporting US invading or not respecting another countries international borders to get at al-Qaeda and/or OBL.

And what if the plot were Iranian based - or not related in toto to "AQ" or OBL? Would you seek to neutralize them?

And, by the way, thanks for your response - the first one of a long day.

3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm somewhat perplexed as to what sort of "retaliation" you want? It seems to me that you have some sort of urge to go out and kill people to make yourself feel better. A bit like the Israeli logic - if you can kill at least 3 times as many innocent civilians as they do, then your side is "winning". Never mind if it means greater total loss of life on your side.

Presumably the sheer pleasure of killing thousands of "them" is somehow worth the price of inciting the deaths of hundreds more of "us".

4. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

Why are you asking what democrats would do? I don't see the republicans in power doing anything useful.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Aug 11 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]301417[/snapback]</div>
    Try to leave the anti-Semetism at home for a minute or two. Play along here. 6,000 Americans were murdered by Muslim terrorists by blowing up a number of planes crossing the Atlantic Ocean. You are President of the US - what do you do?

As a sidebar that needs not take precedent here: you think the terror plot that was broken up yesterday in England was due the Israeli-Palestinian "conflict"? Was 9/11 due to that to?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomdeimos @ Aug 11 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]301443[/snapback]</div>
    My bad. This question is open to all of all political ideologies including those that do not have any.
    Again, this is a model to be played with. Go for it. You are now President and you have 6,000 dead Americans from yesterdays terror attack downing a # of civilian jets over US skies. What do you, Mr. President, do?

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Aug 11 2006, 05:43 AM) [snapback]301417[/snapback]</div>
    KMO, you are out of line here. Unlike Hezbollah, Israel does not target civilians. It weapons are not full of shrapnel and ball bearings designed to maximize injuries and loss of life. The loss of Lebanese civilian life is very regrettable; however, there would be little, if any of it, if it were not for Hezbollah's use civilians as shields for its infrastructure, weapons and terrorists.

7. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 11 2006, 08:02 AM) [snapback]301405[/snapback]</div>
    No. Your incomprehension is solely the result of your inability to comprehend what has been clearly written, coupled with your continual twisting of others words into some fantasy that you have in your head. As a result you will perpetually reside in a world of total delusion and will never understand the true answer that many others on this board have so plainly stated.

Now, why don't you quit wasting everyone's time with your delusional ramblings....

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingofgix @ Aug 11 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]301500[/snapback]</div>
    i did not realize i was holding you hostage to your keyboard. you are not being forced to participate. in fact you have done nothing towards the original intent of the post except obfuscate - so just ignore them.

and these are not delusional rantings. these are scenarios that are being played out in think tanks and to a lesser extent have happened already as in 9/11.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 11 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]301492[/snapback]</div>
    exactly. and who does he blame when the hezbo's hide munitions in mosques and in the basements of apartment buildings - or fight from these structures. the laws of warfare are clear in each of these instances - and yet he blames Israel/(aka the Jews) - no one has to wonder why.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 11 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]301405[/snapback]</div>
    We already have the cooperation of Pakastan and Afghanistan to go after OBL and his immediate associates, so I suppose you're referring to Q cells in other countries. This depends on the situation, so you'll have to give me a for instance.

I assume you mean based from a group within Iran, and not the Iranian gov't itself. In that case I would appeal to the Iranian gov't to go after the group, and my further decisions would depend on their response to that appeal.

You're welcome!

10. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 10 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]300751[/snapback]</div>
    Let's see. I'd do my very best to determine who was responsible, and then I'd attack a country that didn't have a damn thing to do with it. Maybe Venezuela?

A stupid-nice person post - terrorism is a game now? - merits a stupid-nice person answer.

Damn troll.

11. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomdeimos @ Aug 11 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]301443[/snapback]</div>
    this is a tatic used by those who can't lead. They make a mess then want others to clean it up. Lets be real. Republicans have made a mess of everything they have touched. They control the 3 branches of government and by extension have control of the military and spy agencies and still blew it royally. Most presidents have not had the luxury of controlling everything and still have done an adequate job. Now neocons come running to those who really know how to govern and want them to make it all better. Be clear. Dems don't have to do anything to help the neocons. Even if they did have a majic bullet the neocons would just hijack the 'cure' as their own. The WWJD (WWDems D) scenario is one believed in and practiced by those who can't think for themselves. It's an immature tatic. Mess it up and then come running to mommy to fix it. The answer is quite simple and used every day in knick knack stores. You break it, you pay for it.

Naturally, they'll pay dearly for their arrogance in the next elections. Just as naturally, excise taxes on war profiteers must be enacted. This is a war which benefits oil companies the most as evidenced by their obscene profits. They should be paying for the whole mess in taxes which they should not be allowed to pass on to consumers. So investments in oil companies would then be flat for a couple of years. So what. When you buy stock you buy into the good and the bad years of the underlying company.

Let's be very clear. You support an incompetent, you pay the price. You get dissed. Your country goes from hope and budget surplusses to despair and ruin. If the tables had been turned the neocons would be raging uncontrollably as evidenced by the way they treated our last president.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 10 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]300830[/snapback]</div>
    dbermanmd! :eek:

As an MD I am surprised at you! You don't recognize the demoncrats method but you have seen it before.

Their solution is to treat the symptoms and leave the underlying cause alone. Why? Because they have no solution! Only hate. <_< :(

Wildkow

13. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 11 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]301981[/snapback]</div>
    And you guys would amputate the entire leg to treat an ingrown toenail.

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 11 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]301982[/snapback]</div>
    You go to the Doctor for an ingrown toenail?!? Geeeeez man grow a pair would ya!?! I just whack the offending toe off by myself! :rolleyes: Three more of those pesky problems and I won't ever have to do that procedure again. :lol: Im my unscientific opinion, (I don't believe in evolution that must mean I'm not a scientist)your solution would still leave the underlying cause untreated even though it (the cause) was eliminated.

Wildkow

p.s. Your reply was kinda funny actually, but I would never do that to someone unless that someone was a terrorist. ;)

15. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 12 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]302009[/snapback]</div>
    You got it.