1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Demoncrats eat their own.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Aug 9, 2006.

1. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Aug 9 2006, 09:49 PM) [snapback]300588[/snapback]</div>
    It would help if the people in power in the current Democratic party were actually for something and not just against things. You may not agree with Bush. I don't all the time. He does go forward with what he believes in, even if it is flawed. When the other party screams at the top of their lungs every time you do something, they lose their credibility. Kerry proved that the country will not elect a far left liberal. Clinton knew enough to move to the center so he could get elected. Will Hillary do the same, or is she seen as too liberal?

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's funny how the crats can't address problems in their own party. They have to hijack other topics like this and turn it into another conservitive bash fest. :lol:

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prez1 @ Aug 11 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]301880[/snapback]</div>
    Dead on Prez! Hope they wise up soon otherwise the pubs will have no opposition and soon control everything, BaHaHaHahahahahaha! :eek: ;) The sincere crats have either rolled over to the Hatefilled Far Left Whacko's or assumed the Lap Dog position.

Wildkow

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Blame the liberals for sidetracking a DEMONcrat bash fest. If gander can't take the sauce, then don't put the goose in the oven.

If any Democrat was for anything, there would be a Republican there swiftboating the hell out of him. Because liberals are all lieing traitors with the IQ of a fart .....right?

4. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 11 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]301857[/snapback]</div>
    Yea, in the Michigan primary, the MODERATE Republican lost to the CONSERVATIVE Republican.

I still think this is a good thing. Two, strong, opposing parties. Checks and balances. I NEVER want to live in an America where there is always one strong party (wait, I'm doing it now, crap!)

We all HAVE to agree on that. You Republicans would HATE it if the Democrats controlled everything. Wouldn't you? You sense that it may happen starting in 12 weeks and it's making you nervous. Well, I'm a Democrat and I don't want that either.

I want checks and balances.

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 11 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]301857[/snapback]</div>
    The Club for Growth is one of the worst enemies of the GOP. Their strategy is to support right-wing candidates that espouse their philosophy (tax cuts, etc.) in primary battles against popular Republican incumbents. They did it with Arlen Specter (where they came closest to scoring a victory), they did it with Marge Roukema, and now they're going against Lincoln Chafee. Chafee is popular in RI with voters from both parties, and will likely run a close race against the presumed Democratic candidate, Sheldon Whitehouse. Should Club for Growth manage to pull off a primary victory for Laffey, who is regarded as a right-wing extremist in the most Democratic state in the country, there is no chance in hell that he'll be able to beat Whitehouse in the election. For all their posturing about "shrinking government so that it can be drowned in a bathtub", Club for Growth is a pretty ineffectual group.

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 9 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]300692[/snapback]</div>
    There was a dirty campaign in South Carolina, I think, where McCain refused to speak at a religious school that either is, or has a reputation like, Bob Jones University (that lost federal funding because of racial or gender discrimination). The Bush campaign there spread some kind of personal rumor about McCain, or his adopted children. I don't remember the details, but it was pretty bad.

McCain was then "at war" with the religious right, and was pretty vocal about it. I think that cost him the nomination in the southern states. He held his ground then, and has until recently, when he patched things up with Jerry Falwell and spoke at Liberty University's 2005 graduation (while the venue is suspect, his speech was actually very good, and moderate).

Dirty campaigns happen, especially in state races where the national candidate has less real control over the party campaigning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Aug 11 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]301925[/snapback]</div>
    Recent history, since the mid 1990's, has been different, but prior to that time, the Republicans didn't hold a majority in either house since the 1950's. And that was a 2 year period. 40-some years of Democrat Party lock on the House and Senate, with the Executive office held by their party about half the time.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Aug 11 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]301942[/snapback]</div>
    It was Bob Jones University; McCain refused to speak there mainly due to their policy against interracial dating and also on account of the university's history of anti-Catholic statements..

CNN - Bob Jones University ends ban on interracial dating

Wikipedia® - Bob Jones University