1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Demoncrats Evil is Good and Good is Evil.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Mar 17, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Mar 19 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]408395[/snapback]</div>
    Facts? Since when has he needed facts? ;)

2. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 19 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]408405[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the word "MOST" is ambiguous at best, suspect at worst, without stats to back it up. So I guess whatever side you fall on, there's a poll to back it up. Great.

I did some more searching, and the best I could find was that 43% thought life was better now that under Saddam (Reuters). Hardly a ringing endorsement; less than half the population thinks we've provided a situation better than what they had under a sadistic, psychopathic dictator.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 19 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]408419[/snapback]</div>
    I had an occasional D - especially when I was really bored in elementary school. My gpa in college and medical school was very good - not that's it's any of your business. amazing johnkerry had a d average in college - and people thought he was smart - actually he proved how accurate your college gpa can be in predicting future performances :lol: he lost to a c student :blink:

i usually read different books for my leisure reading. Reading currently the history of the birth of the united states. read the bios of the founding fathers. slogging my way through the federalist papers and constitution. recently read 1776 too. also do a lot of reading about wine - something i had little knowledge of until we went to italy two summers ago for our 25th wedding anniversary - now is becoming a very enjoyable hobby :rolleyes:

so many books to read, so little time - cant think 1984 will be making it to the top of my list any time soon - in fact it keeps sinking.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 19 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]408329[/snapback]</div>
    You left out Recount, Recount, Recount, Recount, until the legs stopped twitching on the perverbiale dead horse.... :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 19 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]408438[/snapback]</div>
    I actually share a hobby with dbermanmd! :blink:
    I'm guessing that you don't have many French wines in your cellar, though. :lol:

It was required reading when I was in high school- though I probably went to a liberal high school. :lol:

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 19 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]408459[/snapback]</div>
    first, i did read it in high school - dont remember too much of it though - sorry

VINO - common ground! true, not a lot of french wines and your comment did bring a HUGE smile across my face - very funny! My brother in law works for a french firm that owns a castle and is situated beautifully amongst the wine growers and he does bring home some great wines. i also have a number of french patients who live here who do the same so i am a very lucky guy.

i get several wine periodicals like (wine spectator, decantaur, wine advocate, etc) and love reading them cover to cover and try to find one or two wines to order each month. i also scour the internet and have found several nice buying sites (NY State allows internet wine buying) in addition to some information sites. one of my current favorites if you like red is Mollydooker - they have one of the best shiraz i have had ever (limited it might be) and a great blend. i also discovered several good carmenere grape wine from south america.

do you have any reds that you could recommend? i love full bodied, heavy wines - usually. i have as of yet not moved to whites but that might change as the weather warms up (pun intended)

have a nice day.

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 19 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]408468[/snapback]</div>
    I have not tried any wines from Mollydooker; I have heard that their wines are very good. I'm surprised that you like Mollydooker wines, though- you do know that Mollydooker is Aussie slang for “left†handed, don’t you? :lol:
    Ten years ago I did a tour of the wineries in McLaren Vale and had some amazing wines. My favorite Australian producer is d’Arenberg. They make a shiraz called “The Dead Arm†that is extraordinary but hard to find (unfortunately, my state restricts internet wine sales which I think is stupid).
    We recently had a platform tennis/wine tasting event (nothing like drinking wine and then hitting balls at each other :eek: ) where we tasted about a dozen different reds, and the favorite by far was a Carménère from Chile. If I can think of the winery, I’ll post it. There are some good Carménères from CA and WA; mostly there it’s used in meritage blends.
    I like good reds of any varietal, but I have a fondness for Pinot Noirs. Particular favorites are David Bruce and Talley Rosemary Vineyard. When the weather turns warm, try rosé. Yes, I know that rosé wines are considered out of fashion by many, but I got interested in them a few years ago and found them to be a great summer wine.
    Best wine I ever had in my life- a ’61 Haut Brion. If you can find one of those, grab it! :)
    Sorry to the other folks here about rambling off-topic- actually, I thought the original topic was silly and I’d much rather talk about wine. :D

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 19 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]408493[/snapback]</div>
    like talking about wine much better anyhow.

i like the left handed line - i am also a true lefty for the most part (pun intended)

loved the platform tennis/wine tasting combo - it could have been worse like bull riding/wine tasting.

serveral months ago wine spectator had a lead article on the willamette valley and their pinot noirs - i have tried a few and will give your suggestions a try. i like A-Z a lot and its fairly easy to find.

eventually all states will allow internet buying - it is sooo nice - you order, no tax, and for a case the shipping is usually around $28 and its there the next day. The shipping is usually offset by the lower price per bottle and the lack of taxes and the convenience is great. it usually gets home before i do so my wife or kids have to move it inside :lol:

i have never had the '61 haut brion - expensive i am sure.

do you get parkers review or any other places i can further my knowledge base on wines?

thanks for your help.

david

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 19 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]408493[/snapback]</div>
    Which David Bruce?

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 19 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]408506[/snapback]</div>
    I get Wine Advocate (Parker) and Wine Spectator; also Food & Wine, but that is more about food than wine. Other than that, I just go to tastings, and try recommendations from freinds who have wine shops, restaurants, etc.
    The David Bruce that I have had most is the Russian River. They made a special 2000 limited edition pinot that I have not tried; I'll bet it is great.
    '61 Haut Brion was very expensive- as I recall, we had to drink a few bottles first to work up the nerve to order it :lol:
    I am really annoyed about restrictions on internet wine sales (are they afraid someone under-age is going to spend a few hundred bucks to get drunk on a California cabernet?) Years ago on a trip to California I had a pinot from Talley that I liked so much that I became an estate subscriber. Twice a year (they made pinots and chards) they would send me a case of new releases. That went on for a number of years, which apparently was always against the law but they used to look the other way. A few years ago they called me and said that they were under pressure to stop shipping to all but a few states. Apparently this is due from the influence of wholesalers who are afrain of their profits being cut. Fortunately I have a friend who owns a wine shop and can get it for me because he deals with the one wholesaler in my state that can get it.

10. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree--d'Arenberg makes lots of great wines, at all price ranges. (And I LOVE the names of their wines.) I really like the Laughing Magpie at a terrifically priced $25 or so. They've got a great Shiraz, as well.

Start a thread on wine. That'll be awesome! I love spring coming up...Sauvignon Blanc is my idea of Spring in a bottle.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 19 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]408521[/snapback]</div>
    thanks. it is tough finding it around here.

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 19 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]408522[/snapback]</div>
    You're right- I shouldn't have hijacked someone else's thread! My bad!
    Livelychick, dbermanmd, and anyone else who is interested- the thread is here.
    And this goes equally for me and dbermanmd- no politics! :lol: :lol: :lol: