1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Demos "Do as I say, not as I do" update

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Octane, Sep 14, 2010.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    While Prince Harry (reid) and Prince Al (gore) lecture that we all need to use less, why do they use so much more? Is it that they make money off of the speeches, but believe that they deserve to waste more. At least Rappers and Republicans are more honest about it. Are they trying to save the earth or their lifestyles?

How about a politician that lectures about morality that is actually moral at home. Or better yet, just STFU. How about tackling part of the oil problem by carpooling to that environmental conference instead of using two SUVs for 1 person. No that would be too much trouble.

An older cousin started me listening to the sex pistols, maybe they were wiser than the drug induced zombies they are portrayed as, and these corrupt politicians are less than deserving of our respect.

2. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    while i understand how one might think this, you should understand that there are three equal branches of our government. the system of checks and balances prevents a president from becoming a dictator. Congress makes the law and the supreme court makes sure that the yahoos in the other branches are not violating the constitution. the president as the leader sets an agenda and makes decisions, but in reality he is only as powerful as the other two branches allow. and then if they still don't get it right, we have elections every two years for congress and every four years for the president. the people will take care of it in the long run.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah like in November! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    +1 :thumb:

5. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    If you can manage to keep GrumpyCabbie posts here and all the pure political postings to move, bombs away.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thugs? hard to believe. hooligans yes, but thugs?:)

7. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

But Ossifer... they were speeding too! Lemme go!:hurt:

(And thankfully, a lot of the establisment Repukes are getting their asses kicked this week. :D

8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    As far as the Queen, I considered it an honour AND a privilege to get invited to the cornerstone unveiling of the Human Rights Museum in Winnipeg, held July 3 of this year. Met not only Her Majesty, but Prime Minister Harper as well

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100703/wpg_queen_cornerstone_100703/20100703/?hub=WinnipegHome

Say what you want about either person, but to me it was absolutely a “bucket list†moment. It was also one of our hottest and muggiest days of the summer, and my camera lens fogged completely over.

All I have to show for it are vague white blurry shapes that may or may not even be from this planet. Oh well, that’s what memories are for

9. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Won't really be much to celebrate, always find it strange that people want to celebrate something that has a known bad outcome.

10. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Aww, figured you would be happy as some of the established Republicans are getting thrown out too.? I think there is some real change coming.:cool:

11. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I didn't realise that the definition of thug is different in the UK compared to the US & Canada.

A thug in the UK is just a violent person or someone quick to jump to a violent conclusion, rather than the US version of thug, which upon checking the internet, is not much different from a gangster.