1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Demos WIN House !!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Nov 8, 2006.

1. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I want to see the shrub appear before congressional inquiries. What will he do without prompts to read from, or teleprompting ?? Blowing open the Cheney - Halliburton corruption scandal will be fun, too.

I sure hope the Senate goes Dem. Then we can start reversing the march to fascism by recanting the torture and spy laws. A return to fiscal responsibility sounds pretty good, too.

Can (and will ?) the Dems take on the unenviable task of cutting losses and disengaging from Iraq ? That is certainly the mandate given to them this election cycle. I think we will see a bi-partisan move to do so; I also think bipartisan support will be needed to garner enough political capital to leave Iraq. If the RNC decides to play patsy in Iraq, in hopes that political gridlock maintaining the stats-quo will work against the Dems as "the party that prevented victory", that would be quite the gamble.

I doubt the RNC will be able to maintain rank and file obedience. There just seems to be too much opinion in the air that Iraq was a mistake from the get-go, a 'win' is not possible, and as graceful an exit as possible is the only point on the agenda.

Jim Webb of VA encapsulates this view IMO. A repub turned democrat, simply because of his conviction that the Iraq war is stupid and must be stopped.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So much for Junior's "Political capital". You just got the bill, baby, pay up!

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]345456[/snapback]</div>
    Careful for what you wish for.

And I must say Pelosi's new plastic surgeon is far better than her former one. He/She did a real nice job.

Congrats to the Dems - welcome to the real world where they now have responsibility for their words and actions. Timing could not be better for the Repubs on this one.

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 8 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]345454[/snapback]</div>
    The "babies" are embryos already in the way to be flushed the drain. They are leftovers from in vitro fertilization. Let me do a step by step to dispel this stupidity:

1. Couple with fertility issues.

2. Eggs are retrieved from female ovaries.

3. Sperm is obtained from male.

4. Eggs are fertilized with sperm in vitro. Many embryos are produced.

5. Of the many embryos, a few are implanted in the woman's uterus. The rest are frozen just in case.

6. Sometimes, multiple embryos take on the uterus and then a reduction has to be performed for the safety of the mother. This is why twins are so frequent with fertility procedures.

7. If pregnancy occurs and everything is well the frozen embryos are discarded.

If people against using the embryos to be discarded were actually informed of the issue and not ignorant they would be against in vitro fertilization to begin with. But that would be so blatantly stupid even they might not want to go there.

This is my son Gabriel. A result of this procedure. He would not exist today without in vitro fertilization:

Attached Files:

5. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    D's take the Senate. You heard it here first. The one reported county in Montana only has 1900 people in it (maybe ahlf will vote), so not enough votes for Burns to overtake (he would have to take that county at 100%).

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 8 2006, 06:55 AM) [snapback]345381[/snapback]</div>
    That's a more long winded version of the same type of quote they've been repeating on CNN all morning...
    It's easier to lob the grenades than it is to catch them. I think you're pretty much on target here. The dems have a LOT to do and a tough road to try to do it on in only 2 years. Pelosi's gonna have to tone down her retoric, Kerry and Howard Dean need their lips sewn shut. Obama and Clinton need to be cautious to do their jobs as Senators while they develop their presidential campaigns.

But here's where I come out on this. It gives me hope. The atmosphere of fear that's prevailed and allowed so many unconstitutional or contra-constitutional acts and mentalities to develop has been rejected by the people. Throwing the word terrorist and leading by a mentality of fear won't work any more. We have people that have a reason to lead by using reason, long term planning with an eye toward preserving what we stand for as a country. If the dems can make any inroads in that direction I think the support will continue in '08...possibly extending to the executive ballot as well. That said, facing up against a McCain or even Guliani will be tough unless the dems can show real progress.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 8 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]345443[/snapback]</div>
    And elected a democratic senator unseating the incumbant...in a state that went strongly republican in '04 both for govenor and president.

But....some how....we didn't pass a really good cigarette tax!? I just don't get it, a good law, tight control on where the funds would go, nice deterent to new smokers and good incentive for current smokers to quit.

The stem cell thing, and the senate actually, were a suprise. There's not a church around here that doesn't have a "Vote NO on 2" sign in the lawn and the are 'real estate' signs with the same everywhere you look. It's been a battle cry in all the churches and a LOT of money spent on TV. I thought the Christian conservatives would have defeated it and McCaskill at the same time. That didn't happen..

7. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Daron, if the repubs had won both houses, would you have said it works against them ?

Or, if you think the repubs benefit no matter what this election's outcome is, I'd be curious to know how what you think the best to least favorable outcomes are.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]345460[/snapback]</div>
    Now the ball is in the Dems court. Let them proceed with what they have in mind. Withdraw from Iraq, raise taxes, etc, whatever. Responsibility as of Jan ' 07 will rest squarely on their shoulders.

9. EricGo

EricGo New Member

The churches do not belong to the people, Evan. They are corporations, and only listen to their congregation insofar as it affects their bottom line, just like for profit companies.

10. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]345503[/snapback]</div>
    No... I don't know if I said it on here, or somewhere else... a month or so ago, I was saying if the repubs hold both houses this election, I'm dead sure they'll lose all 3 in 2008...

This dems win now gives the reps some hope in 2008 I think..

We'll still be stuck in Iraq and whoever is planning on winning in 2008 is not going to win on "I'm not the other guy"

11. jared2

jared2 New Member

A picture of Bush for the next 2 years:

[​IMG]

We know he can't talk. Maybe he can quack.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]345456[/snapback]</div>
    I can assure you that the exit will be more graceful and "head and shoulders" above anything the Dem's have managed since 2000 or for that matter are showing now in their victory. <_<

Wildkow

13. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 8 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]345552[/snapback]</div>
    As graceful as Tom Delay's and Mike Foley's?

14. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Nov 8 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]345554[/snapback]</div>
    Or as disgraceful?

15. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 8 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]345507[/snapback]</div>
    They can't do anything they want to do. Pass something on a partyline vote, almost guaranteed to get a presidential veto.

All they can do is gum up the works, give us a tax hike via not extending it and bicker and whine about the president.

2 years of that and America will put them all in the same bag with the reps that aren't getting anything going.

America has the attention span of a 5 year old autistic boy after eating a cup of sugar for lunch. Whatever is going on in August-November 2008 is all that matters in the 2008 elections.

By summer 2008, the dems will probably have annoyed america to the brink of insanity with all the fruitless investigations and inquries. This will be especially fun as they dismantle our terrorism defense mechanism by joining the New York Times in disclosing every card in our defense poker hand.

Gonna be interesting to watch...

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Nov 8 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]345554[/snapback]</div>
    Boy talk about comparing apples and oranges. Hey guys you won! Try to sound happy. :lol:

Wildkow

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]345456[/snapback]</div>
    He likely won't appear, according to Cheney.

11/5/06: 'This morning on ABC, George Stephanopoulos asked Vice President Cheney if he would testify before Congress if he was subpoenaed. Cheney said “probably not in the sense at that vice president and president and constitutional officers don’t appear before the Congress.”'

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/05/cheney-testify/

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats, on your win!! :)

I wonder how many dead voters voted this election? :mellow:

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And now Rumsfeld resigns....think there's a connection b/w that and the election? (I'm kidding, of course there is. If the repubs had stayed in power he wouldn't resign).

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 8 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]345603[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, and yeah, isn't it great that we won in spite of the Republican dirty tricks? :)