1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Demos WIN House !!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I heard a couple reports that the Montana Senate race has now been called for the Democrat. Looks like Senate control is all up to Virgina now.

2. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 8 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]345616[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that...maybe you will believe it.

The Democrats didn't have any negative attack ads, oh no...not one.... :rolleyes:

The Democrats are just as corrupt as the Republicans. Are they going to roll back the pay raises that Congress got during the last few years, well? Yeah, I see that happening. If they did, that would be one way they could pay off some debt, right?

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Nov 8 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]345673[/snapback]</div>
    Well, since you are obviously keeping count, match one for one: Keep it within the shrub's tenure. Let's just start with:

Mark Foley
    Jack Abramoff
    Haggard
    Delay
    Hastert
    Conrad Burns
    The San Diego republican who resigned in disgrace
    The Ohio republicans (?names)
    Cheney

4. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]345682[/snapback]</div>
    Why bother? I am not a Republican nor a Democrat.
    I just know that both sides are corrupt. When the Democrats get in there, they will do the same sh!t as the Republicans. Watch.

When you have a two party system, it's bound to be corrupt. And yeah, yeah, there are independents, but come on. The two independents in the Senate have already said they will be voting with the Republicans. It's
    the same crap, different smell.
    Of course, the Democrats could prove me wrong. Highly unlikely, but they could.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Nov 8 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]345673[/snapback]</div>

Funny. No snarky reply about that. Huh. Wonder why. Oh, wait. I know why. It's because I am right. The Democrats talk a big nice person game, but when it comes down to it, nothing is different.

5. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Because you made the accusation. Back up your words with facts.

No .. I don't accept it on faith.

As for the charge that presumed universal agreement across representatives to the salary hike somehow proves equal corruption, well that is nonsense. For one, I consider their salaries reasonable. But more to the point, trying to equate a wage increase to graft, bribery, sexual expoitation, hate mongering etc is just silly.

Unless you are going to say in your private christian world all sins are equal, in which case we will have to agree to disagree.

btw, I don't actually disagree with your somewhat unstated position that prolonged political power will bring corruption. The brits figured that out long ago, and tend to dump the party that has been in power more than 4 years just for that reason. My point was that 12 years of power by the repub power has been enough to turn power abuse and corruption into a rule rather than the exception for them. They will have to clean up their act, and let the cycle begin again, just like the democrats.

To use a wave analogy, the parties are out of phase. Right now the repubs are at their corruption peak. I expect the evangelicals to get worse still, because of their proclivity for denial and hypocrisy like any other organized, hierarchal religion.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]345456[/snapback]</div>
    Wishful thinking: All it will take is for one Democrat to vote with the Republicans in the Senate for any such attempts to fail. And considering the significant Democratic support for the Republican program these past 6 years, that seems pretty likely.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 8 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]345507[/snapback]</div>
    With Bush in the White House, the responsibility for whatever direction the government takes is now shared equally between the two parties.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 8 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]345603[/snapback]</div>
    Probably a fair number, on both sides!

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 8 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]345587[/snapback]</div>
    Hay Kow, I'm happy :) see. But you said earlier that your guys were going to win... oh wait, you actually said the good guys were going to win, guess you were right after all. :lol:

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]345682[/snapback]</div>
    You left off my favorite, Mike "Heckuva Job" Brown. Not really corrupt, but the poster boy for the Bush Administration's ability and competence.

9. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 8 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]345381[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: now you know how we felt when bush got reelected in 2004

10. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]345927[/snapback]</div>
    Can you remind me of the list of republicans who have held national office in the last 12 years who are in jail?

Seems we had one bribe guy out in california....

Can you remind us about the details of jefferson geting his picture taken as he accepts an envelope from the fed informant, then 90k is found wrapped as fish in his freezer... The details here are odd as I don't have any cash in the freezer under the name of "Fish"

If disagreeing with you is a crime, then probably all the republicans are corrupt... Good for them..

Hastert? I just voted that guy back for another 2 years. What are his crimes? are you still telling me the foley ting was denny's problem?

I think your big wind storm here is a bunch of crap. Tell us more about this rule, rather than exception thing..