1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Denso Qi Wireless Charger for Prius 2009/2012

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by xyes, Apr 22, 2013.

1. xyes

xyes Hybrid Synergy Driver Malaysia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Before Avalon, we've got this going on in Japan.
    国内初のQi対応車載ワイヤレス充電機登場…プリウス専用の理由は「保有台数」と「先進性」 | レスポンス
    %E5%85%85%E9%9B%BB.JPG

March 7, DENSO announced a vehicle charger that supports "Qi (Chi)" in the wireless charging standard to be Japan's first. Released April 1.
    Conventionally, in order to charge inside the vehicle smartphone, it is necessary to connect a cable and charger smartphone, new product, can be charged by simply put on charger tray shaped Smartphone .
    It was introduced Denso ahead of other companies, it would be not only high quality and reliability due to have been worked on-board equipment for many years, and with an eye toward the popularization of wireless charging. Proceed with the promotion of "wireless power" Wireless Power Consortium to (WPC) ", 137 companies have joined, including the leading manufacturer of smartphones in February 2013, the Company is also involved. This field is expected rapid spread future, was released ahead of the other companies in anticipation of the market share of the in-vehicle "(sales representative).
    Wireless charger to be released this time is based on the products that have been developed as an option large sedan that Toyota sells in North America "Avalon" for. Upon national specification of the potential operation of the key becomes unstable causing the interference and frequency band of the smart key has been pointed out, Denso, which is also the manufacturer of the smart key is to conduct an in-depth investigation verification, conclusion that there is no problem that came out.
    The reason you have the exclusive use of the car model of the Prius, will be described in "the car is a pioneer of hybrid and that holding the number is large and unit sales, since the image advanced is met the advanced nature of our products" he said. Body can be seen that the processing of hairline butterfly or have been made, edge treatment, even for aware of the matching with the Prius, we have adopted the design and materials of the vehicle only with an emphasis on quality.
    For dealers, you are not only going touting the simultaneous purchase of a new car, eventually would like to encourage the adoption of also as a dealer option.
    Because the ability to send power to take into account the transmission loss minute is equipped, that of the "equivalent to the connection of a wired" charging time.
    For durability and reliability, and that it is possible to verify the operation by repeating the acceleration and vibration test side or G, and with withstand the temperature changes of up to 60 degrees -30 degrees. Power consumption is not large (receiving side 5W) 12W is the maximum transmission side, consideration has been made to the thermal management of large heat sink and be laid on the body back.
    Price of wireless charger to be released this time is ¥ 14,910. I sell and service stations Denso Toyota dealers, such as through car accessory stores nationwide. Note that the model of non-Qi, can be used by utilizing the like Qi corresponding jackets which are sold by third parties.
    "North Island Tomokazu"

Attached Files:

2. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK- really poor translation- but wireless charging is pretty cool.
    Anything that eliminates cords is a plus!

3. xyes

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Google translator, didn't change a word... haha.

4. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do u nneed to have something attached to ur phone tho? The other wireless chargers i have seen u had to have something attached to ur phone at all times.. And I'm lazy how much in dollars is it?

5. xyes

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It depends on which phone you're using. There're quite a number of mobile phone models out there, are already Qi standard ready with wireless charging capability, e.g. Lumia 920 & Nexus 4. There're also a few that needs a change of back cover (e.g. Lumia 820) or attach a Qi receiver module into the back cover (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Note II & S3). I remember there's one coming soon from Asus or Acer that can even act as a power bank to wireless charge other Qi-ready device too.
    What has been shown in this picture above & also the one featuring in Avalon are both iPhone which has to plug in a wireless charging device from Energizer, it's definitely a very poor representation of what wireless charging is all about & I do agree that's entirely impractical. Well, too bad that Apple has yet to join the Qi consortium last I checked a month ago.