1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Depressing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jkash, Sep 3, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw the most depressing thing today at my dealer: A wrecked Prius. It was black, and almost brand new. The license plate started with 5H and and know that is pretty recent. The entire front bumper was off and the hood was bent up. It was very sad. :cry:

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    awww.. poor prius.. i saw a burnt VW beetle today on a flatbed truck.. but i wasn't too sad to see that... but either way.. it was a new car and burnt. Kindof creepy lookin. Good thing about the prius is, easy to fix.. and if not.. just recycle the car. :mrgreen:

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    AND GET BACK ON THE WAITING LIST ASAP!

4. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

yeah, I bought mine in December and the regular plate (I got the 9/11 memorial one) started with 5FUH...

Sad... mine's black too

5. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I was leaving work near downtown Chicago on Aug. 18 (I think) and passed a Tidelands 2004 Prius parked nearby. As I looked at it, I noticed:

1. A large scrape on the right rear wheel well (ouch!)
    2. The car didn't have its plates yet, just the frames from a north side Toyota dealer (name withheld)
    3. A temporary sticker indicating the car was sold that day!

Double ouch! I hope things are going better for this driver now. Anyone here?

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wow, luckily not me. I saw a Salsa at Navy Pier on Saturday and wanted to run up and hand out a PriusChat card but was with family and at the time carrying my niece.

I drove downtown, though, and was fearful for my life and Priapus the whole time. I can certainly understand how a car can quickly get scratched up. I'll stay in the suburbs, thank you.

On an upnote, I'm not a native Chicagoan and got totally turned around. Punched up the NAV and budda-bing got right out of there. Excellent!